South African police launch new crime-fighting initiative

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
South African police launch new crime-fighting initiative

The South African Police Service (SAPS) has launched a new crime-fighting initiative to strengthen its efforts in the fight against crime in the cities.

The Integrated Safer Cities Concept is a first of its kind to be implemented in any city in South Africa.

[SANews]

SilverCode

Am I missing something in the article about what exactly a "fusion centre" is? Is it a physical location, a new software colab solution, a combination of both? How will it be implemented and used etc?

The press release just keeps talking about cohesion and fusion and people working together with no explanation of what the hell it is or how it works.

I can only ascertain then that it is a poorly conceived vechicale from the cANCer to expropriate more money to the cadres pockets.

saor

Honorary Master
Am I missing something in the article about what exactly a "fusion centre" is? Is it a physical location, a new software colab solution, a combination of both? How will it be implemented and used etc?

The press release just keeps talking about cohesion and fusion and people working together with no explanation of what the hell it is or how it works.

I can only ascertain then that it is a poorly conceived vechicale from the cANCer to expropriate more money to the cadres pockets.
Ja, article feels like a copy/paste from someone who didn't have a clue what it was either....like they just paraphrased some document they got without actually understanding it. I still have no clear idea about what this is.

Shadowchaser1

Mmmm... And that is as far it will go. No further. Stats are not going to go down, it will be possibly manipulated and they know still swat of how it will work.

saor

Honorary Master
Mmmm... And that is as far it will go. No further. Stats are not going to go down, it will be possibly manipulated and they know still swat of how it will work.
The change needs to come from the top.

Gudnews

Treating the symptom will only go so far, be interesting to see how far?

profa

Honorary Master
Dont forget the tenders for new GTIs, Audis and BMWs for this new crime fighting initiative. Laughable when private security get to my home 100 times faster should i have a break in in their toyota yaris.

maeztro

The amount of gobblydigook in this article is on another level altogether.

We can just hope to aspire such levels of obfuscation.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member

Yes, a Fusion centre concept is from the military: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusion_center
Its been used extensively but I don't our lot has a frikken clue!
I wrote about using hexagon Tiger Teams and was then contacted by the Mastercard project for their financial Fusion centre.