South African politicians could get Covid-19 vaccine first to ‘reassure’ public: deputy director-general

porchrat

Honorary Master
considering how many saffers don't trust the vaccines I have no problem with ministers and the pres getting them first. Do it on live TV and run it on a loop on the news constantly.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Any politician is, above all else, self-serving.

Why are some of you surprised? Wait....no! You trusted politicians?!

ebendl

Expert Member
I'm on board that Cyril can get the vaccine in front of cameras and in front of everybody. That's enough of a PR stunt and all, and in line with the rest of the world.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
God, I cannot wait to read on News24 how majestic Cyril is and how he's the messiah for personally taking delivery of the vaccines that will heal our country.

Off course, News24 will completely omit how the ANC fscked South Aricans up until this point...but the past is only relevant if you're able to connect a present injustive to Apartheid.

#YayCyril #WeAreLed

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Astrazeneca from India. The Cuban one was a military procurement, probably just a corruption case.
And a different drug, also pretty dicey but is listed as an S3 medicine AND available in SA from an authorised importer with SAHPRA.
But NOT listed as an approved use in treating Covid 19!

Last edited:

badtrev

A few weeks/months ago there was meme going around that said something about leave our healthcare workers alone. give the vaccine to politicians first to see if it works. These posts were getting hundreds of likes and comments in agreement, but now when it's actually a proposal, there's outrage.

JohnMao

Executive Member
Nah, some of the most useless, inept, and non-contributing members of this society will ensure they get it first to protect themselves...voters be damned!

konfab

Honorary Master
This will include parliamentarians, national and provincial government workers, as decided upon by the Covid-19 Ministerial Advisory Committee (MAC), he said.

However, Pillay said that even before healthcare workers receive their vaccine in the first phase, there has been a recommendation that key leaders take the vaccination publicly so that its safety and efficacy is made clear.

Right out of animal farm.
“Comrades!” he cried. “You do not imagine, I hope, that we pigs are doing this in a spirit of selfishness and privilege? Many of us actually dislike milk and apples. I dislike them myself. Our sole object in taking these things is to preserve our health. Milk and apples (this has been proved by Science, comrades) contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig. We pigs are brainworkers. The whole management and organisation of this farm depend on us.”

BBSA

Honorary Master
Good, let them be the guinea pigs. They have years experience of being pigs.

Last edited:

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
God, I cannot wait to read on News24 how majestic Cyril is and how he's the messiah for personally taking delivery of the vaccines that will heal our country.

Off course, News24 will completely omit how the ANC fscked South Aricans up until this point...but the past is only relevant if you're able to connect a present injustive to Apartheid.

#YayCyril #WeAreLed
Even the daily maverick kiss his arse these days.