South African schools are falling behind in maths and science – but there’s a plan to get things back on track

Neuk_

Executive Member
It is now 2021, I was in high school in the late 90's when my father who was on the school governing body and financial committee, was told by a Gauteng Education Department that it was unfair for the school to raise funds to incentivize the hiring and retaining of quality Science and Maths teachers. This is not a new problem, the various education bodies have simply done nothing about it, muppets.

eg2505

Honorary Master
the plan is,
make the pass mark 5% so anybody can pass, and show progress.
if you can write a number, you pass, hooray vote ANC viva Comrades to the 4th IR.

Baise

Meanwhile the learners following their leaders example:

" Fsuck this ****, I'll be a tenderpreneur "

Solitude

Executive Member
and jobs for Cubans
Yeah. What the hell is with that? Why are there suddenly so many stories involving the Cubans? Something really dodgy is going on with that.

We don't need the Cubans to help with this. Seriously.

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Looking at the schools in townships etc I am surprised any learning can be done.

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Yeah. What the hell is with that? Why are there suddenly so many stories involving the Cubans? Something really dodgy is going on with that.

We don't need the Cubans to help with this. Seriously.

No doubt, there must be kickbacks involved here somewhere and its not like we don't have enough qualified maths and science teachers who left the profession, or where offered voluntary retirement packages, who I am sure will not hesitate to assist.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Are these the same people couldn't plan a piss-up in a brewery? Ja right! :cautious: