South African suburbs with the top broadband speeds

Xzib1t

Expert Member
We need to clarify what a SUBURB is, as far as I know a suburb is an area located within a City, example Newlands is a suburb, Diep River, Rondebosch are suburbs of Cape Town, if they are referring to the CBD it should be noted next to the name then? Johannesburg, Pretoria, Rustenberg, Nelspruit?

Last edited:

nand

Not even close.

Curious how they got that high though...
There's probably just one dude there with the "Internet", used some 3G device and timed his speedtest very well.
I live in a big town within decent suburb, but no, I can't even get 10Mbps from the exchange. Screw that, not even our office park has 10Mbps.

froot

Honorary Master
Is Brits a larney area?
Far from it :p

We need to clarify what a SUBURB is, as far as I know a suburb is an area located within a City, example Newlands is a suburb, Diep River, Rondebosch are suburbs of Cape Town, if they are referring to the CBD it should be noted next to the name then? Johannesburg, Pretoria, Rustenberg, Nelspruit?
Yeah, this happens time and time again :/
They should change the article to "South African cities (well close enough) with the top broadband speeds".

marine1

Honorary Master
There's probably just one dude there with the "Internet", used some 3G device and timed his speedtest very well.
I live in a big town within decent suburb, but no, I can't even get 10Mbps from the exchange. Screw that, not even our office park has 10Mbps.
Exactly what I was just about to post.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Oh no, its an article from the "less capable" staff writer again, the one who would confuse cities/towns with suburbs, haven't seen their writing in a while...

Azimuth

Expert Member
Seriously - is 10Mbps the highest speed???? I'm at a loss for words. No wonder LTE is such a magnet right now.

siraman

Expert Member
Are these average speeds conducted/obtained on fixed line(ADSL only?) or a combination of ADSL,Mobile,fibre,satellite etc etc?

fordjie

Everything good,top and best of broadband is always in big cities.we living in small towns and in rural areas never get decent anything.when new upgrades are done and tested its always in big cities.when they finally arrive here they are not as good as elsewhere and the big cities are already further ahead with new technology.we struggle our asses off in the rural areas.:-(

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Attachments

McGuywer

Executive Member
Everything good,top and best of broadband is always in big cities.we living in small towns and in rural areas never get decent anything.when new upgrades are done and tested its always in big cities.when they finally arrive here they are not as good as elsewhere and the big cities are already further ahead with new technology.we struggle our asses off in the rural areas.:-(

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
I see you still have Blackberry's there.... :D

fordjie

Not talking about network on the bb,but modems. we always experience network problems anyway.