South African telecoms CEOs' smartphones - There is a clear winner

saor

Honorary Master
Why two phones tho?
They're surely not carrying both around at the same time are they?

Gothan

Expert Member
Meh? And? Don’t really see what cellphone choice has to do with success. Or some such. I have an iPhone why am I not a ceo yet??!!

beans100

Honorary Master
That Godfrey is trolling, lol, he really want to tell us he is using a MTN Smart S?

iPhones seems right, not like they pay for it with their millions per month salary

EDIT: Title says "there is a clear winner".......where? The losers are clear, though.:)

Cius

Executive Member
Apple phones tend to be a bit better than their competitors, however if the 10% boost is worth doubling or tripling the price is up for debate. CEO's could not care about the price I am guessing hence the preference for Apple. Us Schmoe's with a budget to stick to are more prone to bargain hunting.

Corelli

At the money they make off from the public. An Iphone XS max it will be. However you will probably find that most dont even know how their phones work and they have their secretary to thank for which phone they have. Ive seen that often. All bling buy clueless how it works.

I use a Galaxy Note 9. Its great, takes lovely photos and I guess I am doing better than them on Instagram. I wont mind an XS Max but to have to fork out that amount of money? For what really? And thats where the conundrum is. For those one 2 year contracts, its nothing more exciting than upgrading a phone (even if you dont use the benefits). You will spend days studying what the next phone you want it. And then someone has a special, but wait no stock. In matter of fact no stock of the one you want or your next choice. By the 6th or 7th choice you may finally have the phone to upgrade. Maybe not the one you want and then start the next cycle.

I prefer to buy it cash. No contracts, have learnt to not use data but wifi hotspots. Uncapped at home and work, free elsewhere. And then just whatsapp or whatsapp call inbetween. My monthly bill no more than R20 equivalent. And best yet. I bought my note 9 for R6k from a guy that got one from business and didnt understand it and has to pay vodacom at least R799 still for his phone for the next year.

But now why the conundrum. People who buy phones cash upgrades every 4-5 years. They buy what they want specifically and companies like Apple suffer due to not selling you a new phone every year or two. (They see this is a big problem...they actually slow down older iphones to force you to buy a newer one....curious if anyone knew that?)

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
However you will probably find that most dont even know how their phones work and they have their secretary to thank for which phone they have. Ive seen that often. All bling buy clueless how it works.

And then just whatsapp or whatsapp call inbetween. My monthly bill no more than R20 equivalent.
And best yet. I bought my note 9 for R6k from a guy that got one from business and didnt understand it

But now why the conundrum. People who buy phones cash upgrades every 4-5 years. They buy what they want specifically and companies like Apple suffer due to not selling you a new phone every year or two.
(They see this is a big problem...they actually slow down older iphones to force you to buy a newer one....curious if anyone knew that?)
YES -- I like ( your understanding of our crooked World )
Life can be good -- for very clever , very switched on -- "bottom-feeders"

What would have been FAR MORE interesting ......
IS
WHAT sort of security / encryption / VPN's these dudes -- with the VERY sensitive information use ?
or
Perhaps their head of IT security sets it All up for them ?
or
Perhaps NOT

I see NO mention of ANY mobiles designed specifically for security ( only ONE dude had a Pixel 3 )
Far as I am concerned the rest are just show-off candy floss wankers

Secure Mobiles

Please "staff-writer" may we now have a similar roll-call for the ....

Head of the NSA
Head of the CIA
Head of Secret service
Head of FBI
Head of Joint Chiefs of Staff
Head of Naval Intelligence
Head of GCHQ

Thanks

Sinbad

Honorary Master
YES -- I like ( your understanding of our crooked World )
Life can be good -- for very clever , very switched on -- "bottom-feeders"

What would have been FAR MORE interesting ......
IS
WHAT sort of security / encryption / VPN's these dudes -- with the VERY sensitive information use ?
or
Perhaps their head of IT security sets it All up for them ?
or
Perhaps NOT

I see NO mention of ANY mobiles designed specifically for security ( only ONE dude had a Pixel 3 )
Far as I am concerned the rest are just show-off candy floss wankers

Secure Mobiles

Please "staff-writer" may we now have a similar roll-call for the ....

Head of the NSA
Head of the CIA
Head of Secret service
Head of FBI
Head of Joint Chiefs of Staff
Head of Naval Intelligence
Head of GCHQ

Thanks
POTUS:
1555405879040.png

eg2505

Honorary Master