South Africans are getting nailed hard over broadband prices

Beri

Expert Member
Next week there will be a article about how the price came down and that sa is actually not so expensive

abbott10k

Kinda contradictory, one minute we're not bad then we're expensive. What the hell is our standing precisely?

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Seriously what is it with MyBB and external links? Some readers would like to find out more, a link in the article would be nice. It's not like we won't come back.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Amazingly this article, comes when I've noticed that VOX has increased their 20 Meg VDSL line rental. :erm:

Swa

Honorary Master
Kinda contradictory, one minute we're not bad then we're expensive. What the hell is our standing precisely?
Depends on the metric. Entry level internet is not so expensive with cellular in the mix. Broadband is very expensive at R400 entry level with no isp. Factor in usage allowance and both are expensive. Current exchange rates would also factor in favorably for the industry to give a skewed picture. I'm still siding with the Big Mac index.

Jola

Honorary Master
Amazingly this article, comes when I've noticed that VOX has increased their 20 Meg VDSL line rental. :erm:
What is their 20Mbps rental ? Afrihost charges R425 pm ?

sparticus

Expert Member
It would be interesting to see how we rank up against African countries ?