South Africans are still buying cryptocurrency miners – Here is what’s most popular

airborne

Executive Member
All I see is an article quoting Bitmarts CEO. Nothing dodge, sometimes it's ideal to get the best reaction here and spark lovely discussions. I don't get the issue.
Advertorial, only Bitmarts ceo was quoted from beginning to end and it wasn't an interview.

cryptomaniax

Sorry. Dropping in here a bit late.

@leon.davibe
fully agree regarding the extra inconvenience of still having to deal with tax agencies etc. Mining does definitely add to the whole Batman/James Bond feeling we get when mining:) Also, some of these new coins/systems/projects are still mighty profitable to mine, obviously to a certain extent.

@PeekNPoke The South African crypto suppliers are still riding the Nov/Dec high. You would rather want to support local business, but not at a 35-45% increase? But then warranty returns become an issue, especially when dealing with the Chinese.

That collapse in Greece, where citizens could not draw anything from anywhere. Right. How completely different would that not have turned out, if Crypto was much more mainstream?

Climbing off my soap box now.

Thanks

cryptomaniax

And there are alot of worthy projects out there, besides Bitcoin, obviously. Yes, it is the steadfast. How long? Network is slow. No way of increasing shares/second processing.

leon.davibe

Sorry. Dropping in here a bit late.

@leon.davibe
fully agree regarding the extra inconvenience of still having to deal with tax agencies etc. Mining does definitely add to the whole Batman/James Bond feeling we get when mining:) Also, some of these new coins/systems/projects are still mighty profitable to mine, obviously to a certain extent.

@PeekNPoke The South African crypto suppliers are still riding the Nov/Dec high. You would rather want to support local business, but not at a 35-45% increase? But then warranty returns become an issue, especially when dealing with the Chinese.

That collapse in Greece, where citizens could not draw anything from anywhere. Right. How completely different would that not have turned out, if Crypto was much more mainstream?

Climbing off my soap box now.

Thanks
Warrantee has shrunk to like 30days on some miners

The first I bought came with 90days

So the warrantee is basically only applicable if you receive a dud

cryptomaniax

@ekske1
The ROI's are a bit hazy there. Yes. Going to look great at first, but as more come online, that ROI just drops further away. Slippery slope that.

Regardless of the recent ram debacle and subsequent gpu pricing. Gpu's still provide better ROI's, long term, "real-world" mining. They have much better re-sale value, as there will always be gpu hungry gamers waiting:)

cryptomaniax

Warrantee has shrunk to like 30days on some miners

The first I bought came with 90days

So the warrantee is basically only applicable if you receive a dud
Yes definitely agree. Hence my still heavy lean towards the GPU mining side. hardware has much longer waranty/guarantee periods and in reality shorter ROI's. And not even to mention lifespan and re-sale:)