South Africans aren't fetching their parcels from Post Office branches

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
:crying:
2021-09-07 07:24
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Processed Through Regional Facility -> Your item was processed through our CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on September 7, 2021 at 7:24 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce
When people are creating threads trying to figure out which international services get delivered via SAPO so they can avoid those, you know you've cooked the goose.

chrisc

Executive Member
When I complained about a parcel that took 3 days to get from Paris to Jhb, 10 weeks to pass through the hub and to the local PO depot (which I can walk to from my house in 10 mins) and 3 weeks to manage the 150m to the P O where they sat on it for a week before sending me a notification.... I was told brusquely to let them do their job and they will let me do mine

When I said a 4 month delay for delivery smacked of poor management, the clerk pulled down the blind on his counter

Typical FU attitude.

The PO also smelled bad as there is only one door and the aircon is off

I have smelled better Post Offices in Zambia

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
People get scared to collect their things at SAPO when a legal letter may be there awaiting your collection. Since COVID many people, including businesses, has stopped paying their bills even though some may have recovered.

I spoke to some legal people some time ago, and they told that when people collect and realise what they are collecting, they are hesitant to go back and collect 'twice'.

I honestly believe that debt is a contributor here.

B-1

Expert Member
LoL exactly the type of response I expected them to think up so they can pass blame.

pouroverguy

Expert Member
Received a small envelope from the UK today straight to my home's post box. Very nice surprise, it happened 26 days after shipping. Didn't expect to get it for another 3 months. I had contacted them last week and they said nothing for me was there.

epah

Expert Member
No wonder i havent been getting my TV licence statements, SAPO has been returning them back to sender. Thanks to SAPO for being my spam filter.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
According to the Post Office, it sends SMS notifications and collection slips to customers, then follows up every week for items not collected.

Lol no you dont, thats why no one is collecting them, back when I got a lot of packages trough the post office, before the forced fees on imports, I use to get 3-4 packages a month, if I was lucky I got one slip, the rest I had to go in person and look trough the log book each week :/

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
People still trust the Post Office with their parcels...?

For random small crap from Wish and stuff.. yeah..

Anything real and important, not a fscking chance in hell will SAPO ever get their hands on it.

As for them claiming they notify customers, the answer to that is largely bollocks. I've ordered 3 things from Wish recently, and while they arrived in about 3 weeks (which is a bloody miracle) I only received one notification from the PO... the others I knew were available due to the tracking being updated properly.

Also there is a massive unpleasantness about collecting from the PO because of the huge grant queues outside on certain days...

Totempole

Expert Member
Let's guess you never let those clients know their parcel is there for collection...
Exactly this. If I'm exceptionally lucky, I get a final notice to collect my package. Never get the first or second notice.

The SMS thing used to work, but not everyone puts our cell numbers on the packaging.

I feel like if they actually reliably sent out notices, they wouldn't be in such a financial mess. They must be losing 10's of millions by not sending out notices.

I don't believe for a second that they ever return the packages to the sender. Undelivered goods are what the Post Office auctions are for.

moklet

Expert Member
The odd occasion I get a notification, it straight away says final notification and that is for registered letters, which is probably not worthwhile for them to take without compensation

esqiki

At my local post office they refuse to look for parcels if they are small and they tell that they will send it back to the sender, how is that service delivery I have names and dates of those refuse to look for parcels. It show my parcel is at the local post office but because is wish parcel and it don’t have a local tracking number they don’t wanna look for it. It’s 6month now

LongNose

I agree...will help alot if SAPO will send a notification. Also if they can link the new SAPO tracking number to incoming international parcels so that one can trace the parcel.

Reactions: "D"

Saba'a

Executive Member
All my local post offices closed.

They transfer package to a PO 20 minutes to collect? No ways!