South Africans aren't subscribing to DStv Premium

neoprema

Executive Member
Headline should read "South Africans not paying to be fleeced by large corporate with rubbish programming".

mister

Executive Member
Because besides the sport there's almost never anything to watch. My kids prefers netflix over dstv, which I found really surprising.

are you really surprised your kids dont like garbage repeated over and over with adverts in between?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Crap I would get rid of premium without the sport, so many of us are only paying a premium for the super sport.
The rest of the channels and shows are C grade or lower, many at least 20 to 40 years old. I have Netflix streaming at 4K and Amazon slightly lower.

It would be fair to say that DStv Premium is Supersport with sprinkles on top though. That is largely what you're paying for.

Hope this racist company lose a lot more premium subscribers and go down the tube!

Multichoice is many things, but what exactly makes them racist?

Trilkop

Multichoice is many things, but what exactly makes them racist?

They should not have involved themselves in the Steve issue. They should not have withdrawn a single song most white and Afrikaans speaking South Africans knew was going to win the award from that awards.

Instead, they bowed to government pressure in the ANC's current attack and oppression on white people in South Africa. They turned against the single market that brought them the most subscriptions in their premium package, the same market that allowed them to grow this package and content.

They are now getting and experiencing exactly what they were warned about.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
They should not have involved themselves in the Steve issue. They should not have withdrawn a single song most white and Afrikaans speaking South Africans knew was going to win the award from that awards.

Instead, they bowed to government pressure in the ANC's current attack and oppression on white people in South Africa. They turned against the single market that brought them the most subscriptions in their premium package, the same market that allowed them to grow this package and content.

They are now getting and experiencing exactly what they were warned about.

Eh, fair enough I suppose. The way they handled the Steve thing was bizarre for a broadcaster. I don't care much for Steve but can you imagine how many other people the decision must have impacted given what it takes to produce content for TV. Crazy, and when no one was really calling for blood anyway.

Nithan15

Expert Member
with all these DSTv related articles I have to double check if I am on the right site and didn't mistakenly stumble onto the multichoice site:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Trilkop

Eh, fair enough I suppose. The way they handled the Steve thing was bizarre for a broadcaster. I don't care much for Steve but can you imagine how many other people the decision must have impacted given what it takes to produce content for TV. Crazy, and when no one was really calling for blood anyway.

Same here, I do not give two f**s about Steve. Never attended any of his shows, nor do I listen to his music. But, MC's actions are indicative of spitefulness and hatefulness. Their leadership are leading the company in a wrong direction. For that reason, I see them as a bad investment for any investor. I too cancelled my subscription and are now going the IPTV route.

maumau

Honorary Master
Same here, I do not give two f**s about Steve. Never attended any of his shows, nor do I listen to his music. But, MC's actions are indicative of spitefulness and hatefulness. Their leadership are leading the company in a wrong direction. For that reason, I see them as a bad investment for any investor. I too cancelled my subscription and are now going the IPTV route.

Good on you for cancelling. I wonder how many other people did and whether MC felt the impact of that campaign to destroy decoders.

Neville Wright

Keeping exclusive sports like cricket and rugby on pay tv with less and less viewers and slowly emptying stadiums will accelerate the decline and interest and proficiency in these sports. Moved to FTTH and Netflix even before they were in country and have not looked back.
FTTH ??