South Africans can now return to countries where they live

rpm

Admin
Staff member
South Africans can now return to countries where they live

Home Affairs Minister Aaron Motsoaledi has announced that certain groups of South Africans will be allowed to return to other countries where they are based.

This decision was reached after he consulted with the Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) and the National Coronavirus Command Council (NCCC).

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Our CEO and another senior manager have been stuck in SA since the lockdown began. Both live in the UAE but neither are citizens. The one is from the UK and the other SA and neither were able to leave SA because UAE is not actually home for them. The CEO from the UK doesn't actually have means in the UK so couldn't go back.

Looks like they will be allowed to go home now.

H1TMANlol

All the fuss to bring them back just so they can take the government to court so they can go back ?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Our CEO and another senior manager have been stuck in SA since the lockdown began. Both live in the UAE but neither are citizens. The one is from the UK and the other SA and neither were able to leave SA because UAE is not actually home for them. The CEO from the UK doesn't actually have means in the UK so couldn't go back.

It could be a while before the destination country accepts SA flights!

There is a guy in our complex in a similar situation, with job waiting for his return from leave. Fortunately he can do some work online (and enjoy extra family time). Other jobs (like construction) are gone forever...

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Most people aren't morons but still, probably better if you don't put a full stop at the end of an email address in articles. Rather put it on a new line in its correct format:

Covid19travel@dha.gov.za
I'm not sure which style guide MyBB subscribes to, but both Chicago and AP say to use a full stop when a sentence ends with an email or web address.

saor

Honorary Master
I'm not sure which style guide MyBB subscribes to, but both Chicago and AP say to use a full stop when a sentence ends with an email or web address.
Is that for print or digital? Because you're basically changing the format of the address in digital by adding the stop - someone copy pasting that might copy the last stop too. Seems odd that that's the correct way.

/pedant mode off

Polymathic

Honorary Master

Didn't the UAE ban the entrance of noncitizens into the country?

MirageF1

Executive Member
Finally... just when I had accepted I wasn't going anywhere until 2021 I see a glimmer of hope for myself away from the quagmire of corruption, incompetence and racism.

Might actually be back in Pommieland sooner than expected :thumbsup:

I'll send you all a final au revoir selfie from CT International...

P.S note the irony in the makeup of the X sign on the NoZol passport

IMG_20200523_212431.jpg

Last edited:

Groen92

Finally... just when I had accepted I wasn't going anywhere until 2021 I see a glimmer of hope for myself away from the quagmire of corruption, incompetence and racism.

Might actually be back in Pommieland sooner than expected :thumbsup:

I'll send you all a final au revoir selfie from CT International...

P.S note the irony in the makeup of the X sign on the NoZol passport

View attachment 844975

Farewell, lucky one.

JayM

Expert Member
Wonder if there will be any commercial flights available in the next few months.

JayM

Expert Member
Earliest BA flight is on 2 July (provisional):

1590262674331.png

That's the smallest difference between economy and business to London I've ever seen.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Earliest BA flight is on 2 July (provisional):

View attachment 844991

That's the smallest difference between economy and business to London I've ever seen.
Yip defo, and KLM are also doing repatriatjon flights 29/30th May as well on behalf of many EU member states.

Saw an economy 1 way flight for £693. I'd have taken it in a jiffy, but not enough time to organiuse all the SA and UK gov paperwork, pack, etc by then.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Wonder if there will be any commercial flights available in the next few months.
Deeply doubt any internationaluntil after winter, unless you a gov crony or friend on an official/unofficial organised crime business trip...National maybe limited selected flights in a few months....BIG may beeee!