South Africans couldn't buy new BMWs due to IT problems

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
South Africans couldn't buy new BMWs due to IT problems

BMW South Africa has confirmed that certain customers were unable to purchase new vehicles due to a "technical glitch" in its invoicing system.

This issue was brought to our attention by a MyBroadband reader who recently tried to purchase a new BMW 1-series from an official dealership - but soon encountered problems.

bwana

MyBroadband
This issue was brought to our attention by a MyBroadband reader who recently tried to purchase a new BMW 1-series from an official dealership – but soon encountered problems.
He bought a BMW, he should get used to that.

TL;DR - “We recently encountered a technical glitch on a small number of sales as we move to a new invoicing system,” BMW said.

Anthro

Expert Member
Do the indicators work at least?
Initial indications are showing that they do not, however further testing will be required after they have resolved the purchasing issues being encountered at this moment.
Please stand-by

Louis72

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Imagine your imagination in the car world only stretches as far as a 320d or a Golf GTi:crying:

Splinter

Honorary Master
Do the indicators work at least?
Hehe - you bastid. Funnily enough, I was joining traffic onto the N1 from Canal Walk this afternoon. As always (yes @dualmeister ) I used my indicator. A friendly dude in a big bakkie let me in. As usual (yes @dualmeister ), I turned on my hazard lights for a couple of seconds to thank him. He gave me a flash of tks back.

The irony was another dude in an old bakkie tucked in behind me with the gap the friendly dude was allowing.

All he did was ash his cig out the window as thanks.

Splinter

Honorary Master

TL;DR - “We recently encountered a technical glitch on a small number of sales as we move to a new invoicing system,” BMW said.
Grrrr - are you and Geoff buddies or something? :)

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

Pitty they fixed the glitch .......

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I'm only interested to know what model. At the moment the F40 shape 1 Series (1er) is only offered with 2 engine options at both sides of the spectrum. Zero middle ground.

It's either "poverty spec slow" or "fast top dog".

Screenshot_20200114_234101.jpg