South Africans drowning in debt under lockdown hand over 500 cars and 89 homes back to banks

DreamKing

Honorary Master
I hear you and it can be ridiculous to get such offers. Takealot often offers 60% off, onedayonly offers 85% so you can't really fault these guys to have expectations. And where does it say in the "Principia Mathematicia Bargainia" that offering 40% is verboten?
check the price a little closer ...

up 100% and then 60% off that is REALLY a good offer. ;)

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
it should have been scrapped years ago, its clearly of no benefit to this economy
amen!

but some palms are surely greased regularly to keep it right where it is, just rename it now and then to keep prying eyes at bay

the usual excuse of course is "job creation", as if every factory will disappear in a puff of smoke without the program in place

surface

Executive Member
check the price a little closer ...

up 100% and then 60% off that is REALLY a good offer. ;)
True but if an item is available for 1000 rands for most of the year and suddenly they offer it for 400, that is discount for me. And if 400 goes close to the international price, I take it. I am mostly talking about books here though. TAL has really good deals these days that match amazon price. (You could argue that it is not the same and paper quality maybe thinner and so on but hey - thats how it is)

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I hear you and it can be ridiculous to get such offers. Takealot often offers 60% off, onedayonly offers 85% so you can't really fault these guys to have expectations. And where does it say in the "Principia Mathematicia Bargainia" that offering 40% is verboten?
If you believe those discounts from takealot and onedayonly - pretty much a pointless conversation. Also, it clearly states in the ad I'm not interested in that crap - so why waste someones time with playing 20 questions - only to get to a point where I now tell you point blank to **** off.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I've expanded my comment.
They are not called the great liberation movement for nothing. And Surface is very close to the inner workings of the movement, if he tells you something you better believe it.

saturnz

Honorary Master
amen!

but some palms are surely greased regularly to keep it right where it is, just rename it now and then to keep prying eyes at bay

the usual excuse of course is "job creation", as if every factory will disappear in a puff of smoke without the program in place

alot of factories will dissapear though, and rightly so, its a perverse misallocation of resources

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
alot of factories will dissapear though, and rightly so, its a perverse misallocation of resources
true, if you can't survive without a multi-decade long stipend from the government then you shouldn't exist

surface

Executive Member
If you believe those discounts from takealot and onedayonly - pretty much a pointless conversation. Also, it clearly states in the ad I'm not interested in that crap - so why waste someones time with playing 20 questions - only to get to a point where I now tell you point blank to **** off.
Why conversation only, everything is useless - we are all going to die anyways (rietrot objects here- and go to heaven & hell)

If you want my pointless conversation again, this is what I meant - at least 10 such "discounts" on TAL right now. I know it is not a "discount" but I would rather buy it at 600 than at R850 that is advertised elsewhere at times.

R 599 and free delivery

31$ = 524 rands

Excalibur

Expert Member
Is there a penalty or do they simply place you on pause and you carry on as if the break never happened. That is, no interest rate arrears calculated or levied?
Negative for your credit record.

Dan C

Honorary Master
it should have been scrapped years ago, its clearly of no benefit to this economy
So what's the use of building cars in SA if you have to pay duties for parts you going to export ?

JayM

Expert Member
Friend of mine took out credit for a car and one of the affordability questions was "Did you make use of a Covid-19 payment holiday" or some such. So even if it doesn't affect your credit score, it may affect your ability to get a loan, or negatively influence the interest rate or deposit required.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
True but if an item is available for 1000 rands for most of the year and suddenly they offer it for 400, that is discount for me. And if 400 goes close to the international price, I take it. I am mostly talking about books here though. TAL has really good deals these days that match amazon price. (You could argue that it is not the same and paper quality maybe thinner and so on but hey - thats how it is)
trust me, nothing was R1000 and now is for R400.

may be you are lucky to have such deal for looking over 10 years in front of the your monitor ....

however, the chance is still very slim.

surface

Executive Member
trust me, nothing was R1000 and now is for R400.

may be you are lucky to have such deal for looking over 10 years in front of the your monitor ....

however, the chance is still very slim.
You are missing the point. For me, it is R400 which is acceptable to me. TAL probably buys it for 2 rands. I don't have option to buy it for 2 rands.

You don't have to be looking over 10 years in front of your monitor. Ever heard of cookies and how advertisements get displayed?