South Africans should never have accepted load-shedding 14 years ago - Eskom

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
South Africans should never accept load-shedding, says Eskom

South Africans should have never accepted load-shedding when it started 14 years ago, Eskom spokesperson Sikonathi Mantshantsha said.

Speaking to ENCA, he said a lack of maintenance and not bringing new generation capacity online is to blame for the continued load-shedding across the country.

He further highlighted that with the existing infrastructure, there is no way load-shedding can be eliminated.

“This is why Eskom formerly asked the government in December 2019 to procure an additional 4,000MW of capacity,” he said.

eg2505

Honorary Master
South Africans never accepted it, it was forced on us, and then the fsckers at the trough just raped the country and made it go on for 14+ years.
when in doubt, blame EVERYBODY else who isnt Eskom.
almost like flashing a Race card, no way to lose.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Ok hands up now all you ****ers who voted yes for load shedding ??

I missed the poll or something because I dont remember being given a choice.

I was blackout drunk at the time so I might have said yes thinking it meant more booze to have blackouts.

Botha22

Are we allowed to change our minds? We no longer accept load shedding. It turns out it was not the fun we thought it would be. What should we do to register this non-acceptance Mr Eskom spokesperson?

Temujin

Honorary Master
Victim blaming.... spoiler: We've never accepted loadshedding you chops, if there is no electricity, there is no electricity, no mount of burning looting and destroying will magically change that