South Africa's COVID-19 contract tracing has failed to meet targets - Professor Madhi

Captain Underpants

And when you remove emotion and actual faces from any situation, it all becomes easier to justify. Facts may be facts, but they're most certainly not in isolation when human lives are at stake.

World War Two had a similar mortality rate to COVID-19, so what was all the hullabaloo?
garbage. get your facts straight.

Rinkhals

It's disappointing.

I've installed it on my phone mainly because I believe that having a tool which can alert you when you've been in contact with someone who may be potentially infected is key to controlling the pandemic and getting back to some measure of normalcy.

However, I suppose it's inevitable that it wouldn't get the necessary public support, without which it is doomed to failure.

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Grandparents huh? So, pretty old. They were gonna die at some point, what would you have had a **** about if there was no covid to squawk at?

Hell, even if they was youngsters, you do get that 150 000 or so people die around the world every ****ing day? (less than 10k of that are covid)

Wow, who hurt you when you were young?

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
garbage. get your facts straight.
Yes it was hyperbole for the sake of effect. But it has highlighted just how disturbingly desensitised South Africans, like yourself, have become in that you have lost all compassion for others. Cry, the beloved country, indeed.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Yes it was hyperbole for the sake of effect. But it has highlighted just how disturbingly desensitised South Africans, like yourself, have become in that you have lost all compassion for others. Cry, the beloved country, indeed.
No one expects you to go into mourning when their grandparents die.

It's not about collective compassion. It's about correctly interpreting events and managing risks.

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
No one expects you to go into mourning when their grandparents die.

It's not about collective compassion. It's about correctly interpreting events and managing risks.
Spoken like a soulless actuary. It's a sad reflection on the harsh reality of the South African experience.

Captain Underpants

You don't know me, or what I believe or stand for. Nor do you know what I've seen, or been through. Your assumptions are weak. You don't know a thing about the people you're so easily dissecting here. You're the typical opinionated, self-righteous, nanny-boy, ad hominem attacking, uninformed, blinkered fool I normally ignore straight away. But I must say I'm enjoying seeing you pull out ALL the stops to defend your dumb-ass views. Maga! hahaha Oh my. What's next? Wait for it, we're Nazis?

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Is it because your grandparents died that you can't think beyond some meaningless catch-phrases you heard on the radio?
I didn't say my grandparents died?

I do pity you in that you appear to be a victim of systemic state condoned violent crime. I had left you very angry with the world.

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
You don't know me, or what I believe or stand for. Nor do you know what I've seen, or been through. Your assumptions are weak. You don't know a thing about the people you're so easily dissecting here. You're the typical opinionated, self-righteous, nanny-boy, ad hominem attacking, uninformed, blinkered fool I normally ignore straight away. But I must say I'm enjoying seeing you pull out ALL the stops to defend your dumb-ass views. Maga! hahaha Oh my. What's next? Wait for it, we're Nazis?
And there you have it folks! @itsme2 is this week's winner in the Godwin's Law challenge. Good on you, mate.

Wow, we didn't even make it past Monday.

noxibox

Honorary Master
It is, however, hypocritical to expect the government to resolve this pandemic and then turn around and refuse to provide any assistance to said government.
It's hypocritical of them to expect people to trust their app.