South Africa's Covid-19 vaccine certificate system is live

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Paper records? Every vaccination site in my area, even the mobile one that comes around occasionally, all use tablets to capture personal details. You cannot proceed to get the injection until the tablet issues a confirmation code that is then written onto your card. And that's in an out-of-the-way EC town and the smaller towns around us.

GP sounds super backward now :ROFL:
The system was exactly as you describe at my GP vaccine site.

Smd

What does one do if they made an error in the spelling of you name in the system, can someone please advise me. Thanks

medicnick83

Paramedic
What does one do if they made an error in the spelling of you name in the system, can someone please advise me. Thanks

A vaccination form where you indicate your changes must be completed and then it gets sent off to National Data to fix the issue - approach the site that you had your vax done and they should be able to sort you out.

Reactions: Smd

Smd

A vaccination form where you indicate your changes must be completed and then it gets sent off to National Data to fix the issue - approach the site that you had your vax done and they should be able to sort you out.
Thank you

AylenS

What should I do if I can't access the number the OTP is sent to? Someone tried reregistering for me but it didn't work.

Norrad

Expert Member
What should I do if I can't access the number the OTP is sent to? Someone tried reregistering for me but it didn't work.
Head to the site where you got your vaccinations and ask them to change your details. They will fill in a form and send it off. It can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for your details to be updated, but you will get an SMS indicating when they are updated.

did anyone else struggle to get their vaccination cetificate i have been trying since i got my second vaccine and still cant seem to get mine any suggestions on what i can do

Norrad

Expert Member
everytme i put my id and the vaccine number its always telling me to try again i have tried with both the numbers but the captch thing doesnt always show the same
Only use the last number that you received after your second jab. The Captcha thing should just be a checkbox and you can wait a few seconds for it to refresh if you weren't able to check it for whatever reason. If it still doesn't work with the last number you received after your second jab then you will have to go back to the place you got your vaccination at and ask them to fill in a change of details form which should fix everything.

Only use the last number that you received after your second jab. The Captcha thing should just be a checkbox and you can wait a few seconds for it to refresh if you weren't able to check it for whatever reason. If it still doesn't work with the last number you received after your second jab then you will have to go back to the place you got your vaccination at and ask them to fill in a change of details form which should fix everything.
thankyou so much for your help

Norrad

Expert Member
So I just got my 2nd jab. No one is talking about this anymore?
The teething problems seem to be sorted and the unvaxxed trying to game the system have given up. So not much to talk about anymore :unsure: