South Africa's Covid-19 vaccine certificate system is live

rvZA

Honorary Master
This system is a fu**up and many people won't be able to get it online. They want some code entered, but this code is not written on the vaccination card. Unless you have kept the SMS's, this system is totally useless.

Necrotic

This system is a fu**up and many people won't be able to get it online. They want some code entered, but this code is not written on the vaccination card. Unless you have kept the SMS's, this system is totally useless.
True story....... that sms is loooong gone.

werny

Expert Member
Tried like 10 times and then finally got past the OTP page, then were able to download the PDF certificate.

Brian_G

Executive Member
Just like most things in this place, never likely to work as intended. And that's probably a good thing, massively open to abuse.

rvZA

Honorary Master

Okay, so, I was lucky, I found an archived SMS with my Vaccination Code.

Once the first page is completed, I get exactly the same "Network Issue".

Typical ANC, blaming the user. We should change networks and devices. Never them who can't even create a simple secure database and PDF generator script.

surface

Honorary Master
I must say they have catered for all errors and I am hoping developer will cater for a working scenario soon. Hope is eternal.

The details you entered do not match. Please contact COVID-19 Public Hotline: 08000 029 999 or WhatApp Support Line: 0600-123456​

Tim_vb

Expert Member
Just like most things in this place, never likely to work as intended. And that's probably a good thing, massively open to abuse.
how? or is this another FMA tinfoil hat antivaxx conspiracy

konfab

Honorary Master
SQL:
aksjnaskjnas'); DROP TABLE Patients ;--

Anyone want to try an SQL injection?

joecool

ANC government never fails to disappoint. In this case we were supposed to have followed the WHO guidelines but this thing does NOT work. Then there is the matter of the "Vaccination Code". I have two codes.....but there is space for just one code!

Meanwhile, we are told by various commentators that the site is "live" --- not not quite live. Come, now.

Yarik11

Tried like 10 times and then finally got past the OTP page, then were able to download the PDF certificate.
Did you insert one or both of your proof of vaccination codes?

Also tried like 10 times and got the OTP twice, only to still see the 'network error' message afterwards

gimpex

I got all of the same errors, but it did load in the end - got my certificate. Was rather painless. OTP was instant etc. Not too fond that it only shows the vaccine for the code I entered, was hoping it would show both.
Mine shows both.

But doesnt look like the QR code works ( yet)