South Africa's Covid-19 vaccine certificate system is live

krycor

Honorary Master
What is "network issue" supposed to mean anyway? Surely they can't mean your cellphone network - who is going to quickly go change that to see if the system starts working?

Also they seem to be blocking visitors outside SA. It just times out if I'm connected via my VPN.

Tried on Fibre & Mobile.. though as I type this I realize the breakout is the same Ie Afrihost..

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Useless pricks really. 5 hours later and no change.
And their UIF system seems to be non-functional as well!

krycor

Honorary Master
Yup.. on MTN APN it works.. now just waiting for sms.. and nope.. I think the network error is an impolite way to say they can’t handle the volume and instead blame you haha

surface

Honorary Master
Got the holy grail after 14 tries. I think developers have built a easter egg after 10 tries. Only the perseverance pays.

p.s. If by chance you get to "Download Pdf" button screen, keep on clicking it. First it downloads htm and says 'Failed - server problem' but on 2nd or nth try, it works.

werny

Expert Member
Did you insert one or both of your proof of vaccination codes?

Also tried like 10 times and got the OTP twice, only to still see the 'network error' message afterwards

Entered the one I received via SMS after the second jab. I didn't receive any code after my first jab.

System is a mess, try later this evening, or early tomorrow morning when it's not flooded by people trying to access the site.

daveza

Honorary Master
This time I get

1633444760914.png

I've had two jabs, each with their own code - which one are we supposed to use ? :mad:

"D"

Expert Member
What if you've lost your phone since you had the vaccine? Or lost your vaccine card? They already have your ID number, that should be all you need to retrieve your certificate.
Booster shots and prayers for Dewey ...

Danie_V

Handwriting on my card is terrible and I've tried 3 variations of the number - no records found!!!