South Africa's immigration crackdown

Milano

Honorary Master
The government is also planning to meet with officials from the countries where most of the migrants come from to find solutions to the problem.
Should be entertaining to watch SA 'find solutions' to the Zimbabwe problem. They will recommend EWC to fix their economy? Would pay to watch that kind of entertainment.

Milano

Honorary Master
Illegal immigrants are blamed for many societal ills, including the increase in crime and putting strain on the state’s support systems.
Were the Guptas illegals?

j4ck455

Executive Member
Completing the legislative-making process of the Border Management Authority to safeguard South Africa’s borders.
Why or in what way is the existing legislation incomplete? Surely there are existing laws that are simply not properly enforced.

How many years does one have to wait for parliament to "complete" this legislation before any action will be taken by "authorities"?

Strengthening the Immigration Services Inspectorate by ensuring they have enough and capable staff.
Cadre redeployment, Eskom has a surplus although I'm not sure that they would be capable of doing anything.

Improving the fight against forgery and corruption and remove corrupt officials in Home Affairs.

The government is also planning to meet with officials from the countries where most of the migrants come from to find solutions to the problem.
Government might as well open Home Affairs offices in Zimbabwe and other neighbouring "count trees", they will need corrupt officials to fill those offices.

Swa

Honorary Master
So now some are complaining that those people's rights were violated and arrested without proper cause. Ag shamepies. What rights do illegals have? Even the constitution barely applies.

Pythonista

My observation is that most of the so called "illegal immigrants", eg Malawian, DRC, Zimbabwean, are often found to be the most hard-working and pleasant people I have come across. They're certainly prepared to work for a living, and are not the ones who have "entitlement" attitudes.

Milano

Honorary Master
My observation is that most of the so called "illegal immigrants", eg Malawian, DRC, Zimbabwean, are often found to be the most hard-working and pleasant people I have come across. They're certainly prepared to work for a living, and are not the ones who have "entitlement" attitudes.
Yes but it is convenient to blame them.

Bad1

Barricade the borders, this country seems to be the only country in the world that has open borders, people dont forget with all the influx of foreigners bad viruses and stds and bad stuff come along with them, remember most of Africa eat bushmeat which is the reason bacteria from infected animals infect humans, South African people are more civilised, we wouldn't eat bat's if we know it carry enbola, stop the foreigners stop the strange wired viruses and bugs that we in South Africa never had in the old days!

Bad1

South African will dig a trench in fair time, at a reasonable rate, remember he needs to earn living as well, a foreigner will dig trench in half the time and half the pay, South African will turn to crime to feed his family, South African wont eat properly leading to diseases spread to everyone, example tb, if you prefer slave labour at the cost or South African jobs and economy go ahead employ foreigners,

Milano

Honorary Master
South African will dig a trench in fair time, at a reasonable rate, remember he needs to earn living as well, a foreigner will dig trench in half the time and half the pay, South African will turn to crime to feed his family, South African wont eat properly leading to diseases spread to everyone, example tb, if you prefer slave labour at the cost or South African jobs and economy go ahead employ foreigners,
Where you from?

Bad1

Foreigners are bringing in drugs and selling to school children, they pray on young school girls, they influence South Africans, so when xenophobia was around and foreigners where kicked out, most people felt sorry for them, raising funds giving blankets, now they taking over joburg, they stay anywhere, sell drugs anywhere, they beat South African cops up, and they shi* everywhere just like filthy parts of Africa, good bye clean South Africa