South Africa's Minister of Defence vs the US Secretary of Defense

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Never judge a person by the work they do.

Edit: You'd be surprised how many people do certain jobs out of desperation, and not because they lack the brain matter to go further.

A popular example is a gentleman called Frank Magwegwe.

Oh yes. The single outlier example presented as the norm when the average IQ of South Africa is 77...

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
So? There are many that aren't in the news. I mentioned the guy because he's in the news a lot.

Then you need to go study stats. Because the MSM mentions a single outlier a lot, it doesn't mean the median have that capability...

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Then you need to go study stats. Because the MSM mentions a single outlier a lot, it doesn't mean the median have that capability...
You need to live out of the bubble a little more. Not everything gets quantified that way. There are many people with maths/acc/science degrees doing menial jobs across the racial spectrum. Many never got the opportunity to study for a degree thus, settled for something that would put food on the table.

The gentleman under discussion would possibly have disappears into nothingness of history had he not met certain people.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
You need to live out of the bubble a little more. Not everything gets quantified that way. There are many people with maths/acc/science degrees doing menial jobs across the racial spectrum. Many never got the opportunity to study for a degree thus, settled for something that would put food on the table.

The gentleman under discussion would possibly have disappears into nothingness of history had he not met certain people.

There are people with degrees that don't have degrees?

And many of those with degrees doing menial jobs have useless degrees like political science, social science and BA's Were it not for BEE, AA and EE, all with STEM subject degrees would be employed earning plenty. Their unemployment is due to social engineering.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
There are people with degrees that don't have degrees?

And many of those with degrees doing menial jobs have useless degrees like political science, social science and BA's Were it not for BEE, AA and EE, all with STEM subject degrees would be employed earning plenty. Their unemployment is due to social engineering.
I stated degrees in maths/acc/science.

There are currently over 200 (recently) graduated doctors waiting to be placed since the beginning of the year according to reports.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I stated degrees in maths/acc/science.

There are currently over 200 (recently) graduated doctors waiting to be placed since the beginning of the year according to reports.

The placement of doctors is due to a government fcvkup. They require all doctors to do national service in rural areas but are too incompetent to even place them. Thankfully we don't have military national service anymore as the government is incompetent to place 200 doctors. What would they do with several thousand troops?

If it weren't for the racist requirements of BEE, AA and EE all maths/acc/science graduates would be snapped up by industry. Instead a single racial group has to leave the country to be employed.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
The placement of doctors is due to a government fcvkup. They require all doctors to do national service in rural areas but are too incompetent to even place them. Thankfully we don't have military national service anymore as the government is incompetent to place 200 doctors. What would they do with several thousand troops?
So you agree there may be more graduates in the science and accounting fields that are languishing in dead-end, basic pay jobs... or no jobs at all? In extreme cases, there are people who deserved university education but just never made it there.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Wa
So you agree there may be more graduates in the science and accounting fields that are languishing in dead-end, basic pay jobs... or no jobs at all? In extreme cases, there are people who deserved university education but just never made it there.

Waffle and speculation as usual.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Never judge a person by the work they do.

Edit: You'd be surprised how many people do certain jobs out of desperation, and not because they lack the brain matter to go further.

A popular example is a gentleman called Frank Magwegwe.
I try not to judge people too harshly,
like I wouldn't Judge the SANDF minister, considering SA has no real enemies in the world, and we don't actually need a minister that is battle Proven.

but considering its a political appointment, and not a appointment based on actually doing a real defense job, where lives are on the line.
I guess I can overlook the fact she is a schoolteacher by trade.

but again, if the Chips were down, and a real invasion or real war happened, SHE wouldn't be my pick for organizing the defense of a target.
she would probably run and hide under a rock someplace :ROFL: and you know what?

that's okay, as their ISNT such a situation currently,
but when were in a Semi Crisis with looting and riots, her incompetence Shines through sadly, and maybe makes the situation a lot worse.
where citizens themselves have to take up arms to defend themselves, KNOWING the SANDF is useless and their Commander is incompetent.

so yes don't judge a book by its cover during peacetime, but during an actual crisis,
look elsewhere.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I try not to judge people too harshly,
like I wouldn't Judge the SANDF minister, considering SA has no real enemies in the world, and we don't actually need a minister that is battle Proven.

but considering its a political appointment, and not a appointment based on actually doing a real defense job, where lives are on the line.
I guess I can overlook the fact she is a schoolteacher by trade.

but again, if the Chips were down, and a real invasion or real war happened, SHE wouldn't be my pick for organizing the defense of a target.
she would probably run and hide under a rock someplace :ROFL: and you know what?

that's okay, as their ISNT such a situation currently,
but when were in a Semi Crisis with looting and riots, her incompetence Shines through sadly, and maybe makes the situation a lot worse.
where citizens themselves have to take up arms to defend themselves, KNOWING the SANDF is useless and their Commander is incompetent.

so yes don't judge a book by its cover during peacetime, but during an actual crisis,
look elsewhere.
The Minister is not the Commander of the defence force, the Commander of the defence force is General Rudzani Maphwanya, same way Bheki Cele is not the Commander of SAPS.

eg2505

Honorary Master
The Minister is not the Commander of the defence force, the Commander of the defence force is General Rudzani Maphwanya, same way Bheki Cele is not the Commander of SAPS.
my point still stands,
during an actual war, or a real invasion, I dont care if the minister is big bird himself and the "commander" if you want to call him/her is Elmo,

they wouldn't be my choice against a real army with real guns.
they would probably die from laughter :ROFL:

and thats okay, you know why? SA has no real enemies in the world.
so we can afford to have a joke of a minister and a clown for a "commander" if you want to call them that.

but sadly
during a crisis, they proved their incompetence, and to me that shows we are in a situation where their "leadership" is challenged,
they failed and failed miserably.

is it a problem? yes and no,
if were in peacetime and nothing is really out there challenging their skills,
who the F*** cares.

but now with riots or potentially a terrorism situation or a potential Coup
I seriously doubt they can do anything than wave their arms around and look useless and incompetent.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
my point still stands,
during an actual war, or a real invasion, I dont care if the minister is big bird himself and the "commander" if you want to call him/her is Elmo,

so we can afford to have a joke of a minister and a clown for a "commander" if you want to call them that.

but sadly
during a crisis, they proved their incompetence, and to me that shows we are in a situation where their "leadership" is challenged,

who the F*** cares.

I seriously doubt they can do anything than wave their arms around and look useless and incompetent.
Making your points based on facts has been proven to make your points more crdedible.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Making your points based on facts has been proven to make your points more crdedible.
obviously logic and reason aren't your strong points,
and thats okay if you want to make a point that SA is a joke of a country and SHOULDNT be taken seriously.

if anything we should be laughed at , like the jamaican Bobsleigh team,

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
my point still stands,

but sadly

who the F*** cares.

The minister does not plan any operations nor deploy troops. The Defence Chief and arms aof service do that. No politician is trained to use a defence force.