South Africa's Minister of Defence vs the US Secretary of Defense

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Moan that a Minister is not adequately qualified for a job that does not need qualifications and moan even more when the DG is adequately qualified for the job.

You would call Soviet Criminal Law an adequate qualification? The qualification doesn't even exist in the former Soviet Union, now known as the Russian Federation anymore. And Soviet Criminal Law is what was the cause of a major human rights violation - The Soviet Gulags. Ask the former prisoners that survived.

But of course, the ANC had their own Gulags in Angola. Ever heard of Camp Quatro?

surface

Honorary Master
So are you Champie*? Or did he call in reinforcements?

Anyway ... you missed the crucial point in history. The Devil's in the details - and it wasn't even in fine print. Touchy, touchy! Did I hit a nerve? :sneaky:

*Hmm, interesting thought, can use it for my MyBB tin foil factory.
We all look the same bra. And if you can put something in Italics, one can pass of anything and not incur the wrath of mods.

I learned from the best of the best of the best, you know who the best is, right ?

R13...

Honorary Master
When will the spineless excrement that is our President act on this?
You're quite the poet. But anyway, the president doesn't take orders from the opposition so no chance he fires them on the say so of an opposition politician.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
You're quite the poet. But anyway, the president doesn't take orders from the opposition so no chance he fires them on the say so of an opposition politician.

Of course not, but the opposition are speaking sense on this front.

We've known for ages that Bheki Cele is not fit for the role, and its also evident that our Minister of Defence and Minister of State Security aren't either now. (though we'd kind of known that for ages as well)

TheChamp

Honorary Master

An opposition leader with just a matric nogal, the cheek...
Get someone with at least a primary school teaching qualifications, and they must ask nicely.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Moan that a Minister is not adequately qualified for a job that does not need qualifications and moan even more when the DG is adequately qualified for the job.

That degree is akin to having a degree in shoe polishing, it is completely meaningless. Did you not see the part where even South African recognize it as a honorary degree aka anyone in the right place can get a 100 honorary degrees yet known nothing about anything.

Sollie

Honorary Master
We all look the same bra. And if you can put something in Italics, one can pass of anything and not incur the wrath of mods.

I learned from the best of the best of the best, you know who the best is, right ?
So glad you think I have an actual tin foil factory ...

When the self-evident is apparently not, we accentuate it or somehow point it out. Anyway, thanks for the tip, but I'd say that is a tad dishonest.

Just thought of an old song I need to go look up tonight, a great one called "The Windmills of Your Mind"

Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face
And the world is like an apple whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind!
Like a tunnel that you follow to a tunnel of its own
Down a hollow to a cavern where the sun has never shone
Like a door that keeps revolving in a half forgotten dream
Or the ripples from a pebble someone tosses in a stream
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face
And the world is like an apple whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind!
Keys that jingle in your pocket, words that jangle in your head
Why did summer go so quickly, was it something that you said?
Lovers walking along a shore and leave their footprints in the sand
Is the sound of distant drumming just the fingers of your hand?
Pictures hanging in a hallway and the fragment of a song
Half remembered names and faces, but to whom do they belong?
When you knew that it was over you were suddenly aware
That the autumn leaves were turning to the color of her hair!
Like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
As the images unwind, like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind!

R13...

Honorary Master
Of course not, but the opposition are speaking sense on this front.

We've known for ages that Bheki Cele is not fit for the role, and its also evident that our Minister of Defence and Minister of State Security aren't either now. (though we'd kind of known that for ages as well)
A minister has never been fired for incompetence. It's unlikely to start now. Ministers are selected for political expediency of maintaining certain loyalties to the president and others selected to appease certain factions/alliances and give appearances of unity. A minister may be removed if they're found to have been involved in some malfeasance that can't be swept under the carpet. It's politics 101. John knows this. Zuma refused to fire incompetent ministers even when ANC allies called for their heads. In fact he replaced competent with incompetent because the incompetent were more pliable and corrupt/corruptible.

Kryptonite

In my view Dr. Wouter Basson would make a great Minister of Health, extremely qualified.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
A minister has never been fired for incompetence. It's unlikely to start now. Ministers are selected for political expediency of maintaining certain loyalties to the president and others selected to appease certain factions/alliances and give appearances of unity. A minister may be removed if they're found to have been involved in some malfeasance that can't be swept under the carpet. It's politics 101. John knows this. Zuma refused to fire incompetent ministers even when ANC allies called for their heads. In fact he replaced competent with incompetent because the incompetent were more pliable and corrupt/corruptible.

Yeah we know how it has operated up until now... but its something that needs to change unfortunately.

Especially when that incompetence has cost the country billions, and damaged future growth opportunities significantly.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master

Sjoe! And when I said this on other threads I was decapitated by ANC loyalists on here.

Anyone remember me stating that Stella Sigcau was only in parliament to get the Pondo vote for the ANC as she was a Pondo Princess?

R13...

Honorary Master
Sjoe! And when I said this on other threads I was decapitated by ANC loyalists on here.

Anyone remember me stating that Stella Sigcau was only in parliament to get the Pondo vote for the ANC as she was a Pondo Princess?
Where did you get decapitated? What did you say to elicit such a response? Not sure there are any more ANC loyalists here, they got banned last I looked.

The Voice

Honorary Master
Well I guess this is an improvement for the ANC. At least they're appointing people who are actually educated now.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
That degree is akin to having a degree in shoe polishing, it is completely meaningless. Did you not see the part where even South African recognize it as a honorary degree aka anyone in the right place can get a 100 honorary degrees yet known nothing about anything.
Yaaawwwnnnn...

TheChamp

Honorary Master

I am very certain she was also an ANC member.