South Africa's new Lanseria mega smart city plan - Pictures

JohnStarr

Expert Member
It makes total sense they build this...their voters don't need houses, running CLEAN water and proper sanitation.

Neuk_

Expert Member
The only thing that pleases me about this story is that my fiance's uncle can potentially sell his land in Lanseria for a tidy profit :cool: The rest is pie in the sky talk which will result in nothing as per the ruling government norm.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
riiight… I work in Lanseria, I don't see any action or preparations for a new city of any size.
well, there are lamp poles/overhead cabling poles erected on the R512, but they seem to be cut down and 'redistributed' faster than the provider can repair.
perhaps we'll see some more action towards the latter part of the 25 year plan
seems a long period for a building project these days?

You forgot about the LED street light fittings getting feet as well.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I always drop in mail to government whenever I see such delays in constructions. I cc murray & roberts, attacq etc as well. I have been around on mybb & I know a thing or two about construction. I always feel better after my email contributions. You might try this as well.

What is the e-mail address for government?

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
I can't understand why you would want to build anything nice next to an airport.
My initial thought as well.

What if the airport need to expand?

What if there is an incident with an aircraft and it crashes on landing/takeoff?

surface

Honorary Master
The only thing that pleases me about this story is that my fiance's uncle can potentially sell his land in Lanseria for a tidy profit :cool: The rest is pie in the sky talk which will result in nothing as per the ruling government norm.
Let us stick to our original narrative that we don't have land. Gives people ideas.

grok

Honorary Master
This is just uncle Mao's ghost cities that won't ever complete construction, since the Chinese people don't see newly built infrastructure as free building material..

It is believed the number of empty apartments could have hit as many as 64.5 million — the number of properties that State Grid Corporation of China confirmed to the Beijing Morning Post as not having used electricity for six consecutive months in 2010.
That's an apartment for almost everyone in South Africa & bonus is we're already used to not having electricity, or a job etc. lol

1613377964354.png

Last edited:

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
He better get a move on then, before there's a glut in the market, or something else happen.

Of course, you never know what the prices will be doing, they may go up, or the govt may want to pull an EWC move on the owners...

Last edited: