South Africa's third wave of Covid-19 is cresting a peak

KikzAzz

Expert Member
Yes that's generally how it works, also less people going for tests mean less people need to go for tests. What you think it's a mass testing program going on?

Health-care sector appeals for urgent invention as staff bear the brunt of riots

The KZN Department of Health said many hospitals, community health centres and clinics across KwaZulu-Natal had been operating on skeletal staff. Many nurses, doctors, allied health workers and support staff were unable to report for work due to the blockades, as well as lack of public transport

This is a fact. Less people are being tested because clinics have been closed. Health workers that needs to do the tests can do their work. Therefore less people are being tested. This really isn't rocket science.

The are a possible downturn in Gauteng which due to the numbers has a huge impact on the rollong average. It was however increasing in most of the other provinces before all the drama started. The Gauteng numbers dropping does not mean it is over for the whole country. When WC had a big outbreak, there was a lockdown for the whole country.

KikzAzz

Expert Member
Yes that's generally how it works, also less people going for tests mean less people need to go for tests. What you think it's a mass testing program going on?
Please go and read my post. Never said anything at all about mass tests. in fact I said the opposite. Less tests are being done due to the impact on the health sector. Clinics being closed and less Health Personnel.

I personally know people that are sick at the moment, but are not going for tests.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Please go and read my post. Never said anything at all about mass tests. in fact I said the opposite. Less tests are being done due to the impact on the health sector. Clinics being closed and less Health Personnel.

I personally know people that are sick at the moment, but are not going for tests.
The positivity rate would still reflect issues if this was the case.

KikzAzz

Expert Member
The positivity rate would still reflect issues if this was the case.
Precisely aligned with the start of all the ****. Perhaps tat is the cure Should have started a long time ago then Covid would no have been an issue.