South Africa's third wave should officially be over this week

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Good news about Covid–19 third wave in South Africa

South Africa should exit its third wave of Covid–19 this week if the current downward trend in new cases and hospitalisations continues, says CSIR senior researcher Ridhwaan Suliman.

In his weekly analysis of South Africa’s Covid–19 statistics, Suliman noted a declining trend in new cases nationally.

BBSA

Honorary Master
I would love to know how many South Africans was already infected after 3 waves.

Big Rat

We have what, 60 million people in SA?
Lets say half of that are kids. worst case scenario for this purpose. So we can almost be certain our 2.88Million cases are from 30 million adults? that is less than 1 in 10 adults.

For a contagious virus floating around our country for 18 months, that seems to be low. sO pandemic it is not. IF you had it, it is a ballache and the hospital are full, but more people get flu that this.
Also, 86000 deaths, don't we have more people killed by bullet or knife per year than this?

The_MAC

Executive Member
Lets say half of that are kids. worst case scenario for this purpose. So we can almost be certain our 2.88Million cases are from 30 million adults? that is less than 1 in 10 adults.

For a contagious virus floating around our country for 18 months, that seems to be low. sO pandemic it is not. IF you had it, it is a ballache and the hospital are full, but more people get flu that this.
Also, 86000 deaths, don't we have more people killed by bullet or knife per year than this?
The crux of it was always the hospitalisations i.e. overloaded healthcare system

Ragnarök

Expert Member
The waves will come , need to sell booster shots , ROI needed for SA's new vaccine factory.

JustAsk

Expert Member
Where does the virus go between waves?
It goes to sleep at 21h00, never bothers you on your way to a bar, patiently waits for the next seasonal change beginning of Dec., where it will be rebranded into a new variant, re-waved, and blamed on for any idiot with a sneeze.

Then it will be used as the bogeyman to get your kids vaccinated, while it will started to fck with you again on your way to the bar, it will goes to sleep later in the night. And around the 15th-20th Dec, it will do what it usually does best, blessed you with a stricter lockdown.

Readsalot

Expert Member

I can't wait to hear this argument when the next virus comes and it targets kids. Me: "It's just kids. Who cares if they die? Just make more! I'm not getting a vax or wearing a mask - that's just for kids."