Soweto hospital staff keep posts they paid for in jobs-for-cash scandal

schumi

Honorary Master
All the 52 people who bought their jobs at Soweto’s Bheki Mlangeni District Hospital will keep them despite having obtained them fraudulently.

However, 11 sellers of the jobs resigned while the disciplinary processes were still pending while others were dismissed.

This was revealed by Gauteng Health MEC Gwen Ramokgopa in a written reply to DA Gauteng Shadow Health MEC Jack Bloom around details on the jobs-for-sale scandal at the hospital.

The people who bough the jobs are 20 cleaners, 15 clerks, 10 enrolled nurse and seven porters.

The prices for the jobs ranged from R2000 to R10000 and it is believed that the buyers were not dismissed as they had come forward and co-operated with authorities during investigations.
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/the-star/news...ey-paid-for-in-jobs-for-cash-scandal-18406998

This used to be the custom in the USSR. If you wanted to be a Customs officer you bought the job. You were then allowed to exact bribes to recoup your investment. Wages were often not paid.
Then someone rolled up and said "Hey, we're a Democracy now, so you can't do that." No pay increases though. It was one of the very few times when I felt some sympathy for the corrupt.

Beyond.Celsus

Enrolled nurses are just that. Not nurses. Why stress.
Because it sets a precedent
They got away with it, so more people will try it.

With all the fake GP's running around, how long before a 'surgeon' buys his way into a position he is not qualified for?
Or will you be happy with a guy who bought his job operating on your mum?

Cray

Honorary Master
Final written warning for a job they shouldn't have in the first place.....:X3:

crocopede

Because it sets a precedent
They got away with it, so more people will try it.

With all the fake GP's running around, how long before a 'surgeon' buys his way into a position he is not qualified for?
Or will you be happy with a guy who bought his job operating on your mum?
Depends if i like my mom or not :p