Soweto residents want to pay R150 per month for electricity

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
How is them getting free electricity or a flat rate electricity equate to them paying for the rich?????? Malema is starting to sound a bit off his rocker literally.

Brewmaster

"That guy"
i think it would end the sense of entitlement that we are currently suffering from.
Is that really the only way you see to end our sense of entitlement and guilt? (Entitlement and guilt being the two sides of the South African coin)

Brewmaster

"That guy"
Entitlement is easy to see... I just wonder where you see guilt so easily.
I see the guilt as easily as you see the entitlement. Do you reckon that those who suffer from the entitlement that you see so easily are aware of their entitlement? Will they readily admit that they are entitled? What kind of reaction might you get for calling someone out on their entitlement?
i never said guilt, you're just making stuff up now.
Are you making stuff up when you say that people are suffering from entitlement or are you making an observation?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
How is them getting free electricity or a flat rate electricity equate to them paying for the rich?????? Malema is starting to sound a bit off his rocker literally.
I think there is something lost in translation there. I think it's supposed to be "we will be paying for the rich", we being those who are paying.

ToxicBunny

I think there is something lost in translation there. I think it's supposed to be "we will be paying for the rich", we being those who are paying.
I'm hoping so as well or Julius is seriously running out of marbles...

ToxicBunny

I see the guilt as easily as you see the entitlement. Do you reckon that those who suffer from the entitlement that you see so easily are aware of their entitlement? Will they readily admit that they are entitled? What kind of reaction might you get for calling someone out on their entitlement?

Are you making stuff up when you say that people are suffering from entitlement or are you making an observation?

Gawd you can write a whole heap of shyte and say nothing constructive at all...

supersunbird

Honorary Master

The rich Sowetans who would benefit from it the flat rate, while they should be paying...

wingnut771

Honorary Master

only in sa do we have this entitlement of expecting free housing, free electricity etc compared to the rest of africa. when i speak to my collegues when i visit nigeria, zambia, malawi, mozambique, zimbabwe etc you don't find this entitlement, it's unique to sa and i thank our rudderless leaderless false promises anc for that.
in my area when they remove illegal connections, the "entitled" then block the main road and burn tires, only in sa. only in sa do they use rubber bullets, everywhere else in africa it's live ammo.

Brewmaster

"That guy"
Gawd you can write a whole heap of shyte and say nothing constructive at all...
Wow, we finally agree on something because that’s exactly the sort of response that I too would expect from calling someone out on their guilt. I mean entitlement.
only in sa do we have this entitlement of expecting free housing, free electricity etc compared to the rest of africa. when i speak to my collegues when i visit nigeria, zambia, malawi, mozambique, zimbabwe etc you don't find this entitlement, it's unique to sa and i thank our rudderless leaderless false promises anc for that.
in my area when they remove illegal connections, the "entitled" then block the main road and burn tires, only in sa. only in sa do they use rubber bullets, everywhere else in africa it's live ammo.
Is the ANC the only difference you can think of between SA and those other countries you mentioned?

ToxicBunny

Wow, we finally agree on something because that’s exactly the sort of response that I too would expect from calling someone out on their guilt. I mean entitlement.

Is the ANC the only difference you can think of between SA and those other countries you mentioned?
Ahhh so you're one of those that believes in that white guilt bullshyte.... Makes sense with your feels crap actually.

Brewmaster

"That guy"
Ahhh so you're one of those that believes in that white guilt bullshyte.... Makes sense with your feels crap actually.
“Believes in” is not the right term, more like “observes”. And it most certainly does not discriminate based on skin colour - that’s just our colourful past playing mind games.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Pretty much.
I remember when anc won 1994 elections after the 1992 referendum when 69% of the white population voted to end apartheid, the first thing they did was to get rid of all the experienced white teachers, then they closed down apprenticeship programs at transnet and similar institutions, closed down teacher colleges, closed railway police, child services etc, militarised police ranks, inserted political appointees into top ranking positions (instead of using experienced people who had moved up the ranks) creating an ineffective despondent police force.

all this is on the anc as all these things were in place already and were just handed to them on a silver platter, but instead it has resulted in lack of law enforcement creating a lack of respect for rule of law, and an unemployable population due to a sabotaged education system.

edit: i voted yes in 92 and for the dp in 94, who did you vote for?

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

“Believes in” is not the right term, more like “observes”. And it most certainly does not discriminate based on skin colour - that’s just our colourful past playing mind games.
So then give us all an example of this guilt you've observed please

Brewmaster

"That guy"
Pretty much.
I remember when anc won 1994 elections after the 1992 referendum when 69% of the white population voted to end apartheid, the first thing they did was to get rid of all the experienced white teachers, then they closed down apprenticeship programs at transnet and similar institutions, closed down teacher colleges, closed railway police, child services etc, militarised police ranks, inserted political appointees into top ranking positions (instead of using experienced people who had moved up the ranks) creating an ineffective despondent police force.

all this is on the anc as all these things were in place already and were just handed to them on a silver platter, but instead it has resulted in lack of law enforcement creating a lack of respect for rule of law, and an unemployable population due to a sabotaged education system.

edit: i voted yes in 92 and for the dp in 94, who did you vote for?
Why did the ANC do all of that?

I was well below the voting age in ‘92 and ‘94.
So then give us all an example of this guilt you've observed please
I’ll do my best. Say my father robs your father so that I can have a better life. And by all accounts I do have that better life. And because of my father robbing your father, your father had a much tougher time raising you and your life has pretty much no prospects. I see you struggling everyday and because of our fathers’ documented history I know exactly why you’re struggling. Do you really think that it’s possible for me to not feel any guilt and shame about my privileged position knowing that it came at the cost of your dire situation?

ToxicBunny

So not an actual example you've observed then... I didn't think my question was very difficult unless you have a different definition of observed to the rest of humanity.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Why did the ANC do all of that?

I was well below the voting age in ‘92 and ‘94.
I'm speculating here as we the public are not privy to "the collective's" nec's decision making but i think it was to stick it to anything that was white and successful, and wanting to break it down and reinvent the wheel so to speak. it's plain as day that they don't have the public's best interest at heart, just their own cronies.

now that you are of voting age, now is your chance to make a difference and vote for a party that actually does have the publics best interest at heart, and that also knows how to govern, balance books, shows transparency and accountability.