Soweto shows up for Ramaphosa as he asks for a fresh mandate

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
ANC President Cyril Ramaphosa's campaign stop in Soweto, where he was born and raised, painted parts of the historic township green, black and gold. Residents screamed "now is the time" as he asked them to give his party a strong mandate to continue leading the country when citizens vote in the national elections in two months' time.

Ramaphosa, who started his programme for the day in Orlando, was uncharacteristically late and residents waited in the blazing sun for a chance to participate in his "Thuma Mina" walk. Thousands more gathered for a mini-rally at Thokoza Park and hundreds more at the Riverlea Empowerment Centre for a sectorial discussion.

The president, who looked wearier with every stop, admitted to those who attend the mini-rally in Thokoza Park that the ANC had made plenty of mistakes in its 25 years at the helm, however, "you find that we have made many more successes than the mistakes that we have made".
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...phosa-as-he-asks-for-a-fresh-mandate-20190314

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
"We are also saying we want inclusiveness. We were all excluded in the past, treated as nothing, non-entities, we were oppressed and struggled together to feel included," he said.
How does this sound..... for almost 30 years now they were no longer oppressed and had full freedom. But, this freedom came at a massive price - one too much for some to bear.

HunterNW

Expert Member
"you find that we have made many more successes than the mistakes that we have made".

Is this the Friday thread ? @EADC

eg2505

Honorary Master
good job ANC, Junk status, Eskom sinking, SABC dead, SAA dead...

vote for us, as we know how to kill the most industrialized country in Africa, and send everybody back to subsistence farming and poverty.
where we can drive around in our fancy BMW through the once thriving city.

every-time I see that crocodile CR smiling like zuma from election posters ( that are placed high up to avoid people tearing them off)
I think of every reason to NEVER vote for that idi0t, even if I Never vote.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I see that R17 billion owed to Eskom is coming in handy for the ANC.

"We are also saying we want inclusiveness. We were all excluded in the past, treated as nothing, non-entities, we were oppressed and struggled together to feel included," he said.
*Yawns* 25-years and still reading from the same script.

News flash; your lives suck because of the ANC, not the NP anymore.

Well as long as certain names are on their list I will not trust them. These 'mistakes' will just continue as long as those who perpetrated them have significant power. It can be no other way. You need change... for change.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Well as long as certain names are on their list I will not trust them. These 'mistakes' will just continue as long as those who perpetrated them have significant power. It can be no other way. You need change... for change.
You shouldn't trust them regardless of some list. Success in not their end goal, transformation is & we saw how that worked out for Zim..

ForceFate

Honorary Master
good job ANC, Junk status, Eskom sinking, SABC dead, SAA dead...

vote for us, as we know how to kill the most industrialized country in Africa, and send everybody back to subsistence farming and poverty.
where we can drive around in our fancy BMW through the once thriving city.

every-time I see that crocodile CR smiling like zuma from election posters ( that are placed high up to avoid people tearing them off)
I think of every reason to NEVER vote for that idi0t, even if I Never vote.
You really love the car, don't you?:)