SP2 - problem

kilps

Expert Member
I have found a few problems with my Windows Computer since I installed SP2 - has anyone else found the same?

My biggest problem at the moment is when I preview .asp pages created in FrontPage IE asks me if I what to open or save the page - funny a Microsoft Product not working in Windows

All that I ask is that you try out a Mac - kilps

skuzzy

Expert Member
yes mr.kilpin i have got sp2 and have had no problems...... i am afraid that you are on your own.

No pixels were harmed in the making of this post............. :)

stoke

Honorary Master
kilps -
You are either trying to access the .asp file as a file, or IE is confused.

Are you sure that you are opening the file with the proper url : HTTP://wada/wada/wada.asp.
Or
un-associate the .asp extension from FrontPage - it should default back to normal and not try to download it. Open up windows file explorer - not ie, Tools -> Folder options, File Types Tag, find the ASP Extention - click advanced -> details, and record the details so that you can put it back, then delete the ASP association from the list. Open ie and try again.

MaD

Expert Member
Do 'Preview in Browser', see if that works.. if not, a swift kick has been known to solve many problems ;)

Other than that you might try Dreamweaver, beats the socks off FrontPage although it is a touch pricey at over 2G's :(

<font color="navy"><font size="1"><b>Where others have progress, we have Telkom.</b>
Hellkom website - www.hellkom.co.za</font id="size1"></font id="navy">

dorris

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
My biggest problem at the moment is when I preview .asp pages created in FrontPage IE asks me if I what to open or save the page - funny a Microsoft Product not working in Windows
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

KILPS, R U SERIOUS, have u installed any sort of ASP web server on your XP, have you enabled scripting for the web sharing in the folder of the ASP page.

By the sounds of your post, it seems you created a little ASP page in frontpage, and attempted opening it like a normal HTML FILE.
THAT WILL NEVER WORK
ASP = Active SERVER Page
the page it sends to explorer is dynamically sent by the webserver.

I agree, SP2 is full of its little problems, but thats not one of them!
And no, I still don't want to move over to Mac

kilps

Expert Member
I througt about IE not understanding the ASP page while it was stored on my computer but I am sure it worked before I installed SP2 - maby it the 'state of the art' security features.

skuzzy

Expert Member
Have any of u guys noticed that kilps is the one who set up the post "why macs rule" i would say that he totally hates windows and microsoft.

THE END

kilps

Expert Member
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mini itch</i>
<br />Have any of u guys noticed that kilps is the one who set up the post "why macs rule" i would say that he totally hates windows and microsoft.

THE END

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

As i have said before - I work on both macs and windows