Spam Hall of Shame: Two years later

nicki

These people should be a) prosecuted b) prevented from registering co.za domains. Nobody seems interested. Naming and shaming is having no effect.

iandoug

Registering domains

I've reported spammers several times to Uniforum, but they are unwilling/unable to take action, and instead refer me to the SA Police to lay a charge. I'm sure many people wish Uniforum would take a more proactive approach to helping with the spam problem --- it would be trivial to ammend their terms and conditions to make it easy to ban known spammers.

I suppose they are afraid of lawsuits against them.

cheers, Ian

iandoug

The table needs another column: current ISP ... so that we (or Anonymous!!!) can do something about it ....

Creag

The Boar's Rock
There ought to be greater stick to cane these low-lifes. Not sure just how they think I am going to anything other than delete and/or create rules to automatically deleted their drivvle! :mad:

kilos

Expert Member
Some spammers apologise - but this guy "johan ferreira" 0824402922 advertising
his savuti estate - was full of attitude, he says I had subscribed some where :mad:
When do those anti spam laws come out :confused:

Spectrum1

Sent: 25 February 2011 09:03
To: 'Treoc Communications'
BCC: XXXXXX

Subject: To all my friends and those on my distribution list, Do not support these spammers: Treoc.com and Lightminded Invitation

Hi to all on my mail lists.
Spam is a pain and its about time we stopped supporting it. By ‘unsubscribing’ you just confirm that the mail address works.

You are being BCC’d because this company has spammed me.
I urge you not to give them any business, and to pass this message on to your mail list by BCC.
Mike
PS To be fair, if I get a response from them I will consider to circulate it.

From: Treoc Communications [mailto:communication@treoc.com]
Sent: 25 February 2011 08:32
To: XXXX
Subject: Treoc.com and Lightminded Invitation

Last edited:

surfs-up

Expert Member
They should do three months jail time and community service, and see how they like that