Special gripe thread

pupa

Banned
Please RPM create a special gripe area where all the threads not relating to ADSL can be moved (Not deleted) and only those choosing to read can do so. Such threads would die on its own when it ran its course. If I want to be on a forum with constant rantings and ravings Google is full of them
THE ONLY DIFFRENCE THERE IS IF I CARRY ON LIKE POSTERS IS DOING HERE ON THAT THREAD I GET BLOCKED.
1) First strike 1 Hr Block
2) Second strike 12 HR block
3) Permanent Block

That will stop all threads degenerating in mudslinging and the other

Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP

slimothy

Banned
actually.. thats kinda what off topic has always been for.

stop misinterpreting the thread, its not mud slinging, its a discussion... if you dont like it dont read it, i'm sorry but i feel like i was wronged and I want to talk about it, you werent involved so I'm sure its of no interest to you, so just read something else

Vio

Expert Member
A sticky "gripe" thread in the offtopic section would probably do it.

pupa

Banned
OFF Topic

I agree slim but if you talk about it in all threads where RPM posts then it is a problem A teeny weeny small one but then keep it in OFF Topic and not in any other thread.
Thanks for understanding

slimothy

Banned
CYBER-SAINT said:
So Slim Tell Me What happened Dude
i dont really want to pollute this thread with it too but a lawyer linked to myadsl (not sure how hes linked but according to google he is linked with myadsl/antitrust/hellkom and peapod did refer to him as a myadsl lawyer, and shes a mod) basically sent some vague threats which was OK but then to prove his point he snooped some info about me, he ended up publishing my name and phone number on this site and later put it on his site and linked it in the thread.

No action was taken for 4 days and the thread was locked as soon as I started questioning this. Now I'm getting all sorts of crank calls by weirdos and sad people who think care what they have to say, and even some ... violent calls.

Mods knew about the post within minutes of appearing but NEVER did anything, they didn't remove the content, they didn't remove the link and basically denied there beig a problem.

Now they're calling me a liar telling me to take screenshots to prove it to them ( I did actually archive the pages for future reference ) and throwing a few insults.

They also seem to think I'm trolling just to bring myadsl down, when really i'm just pissed this was allowed to happen, so now i'm amking a noise, thats what this forum is about right? making a noise when **** goes down that you think is rubbish..... well, thats what i thought it was anyway

Now i'm just expecting mods to keep flooding the thread with long evasive replies untill they close or delete the thread (probably in the next few hours) so they can pretend like this never happened...

Even if you think i'm a d1ck just think about what you would do if it was you.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Hi Pupa

Good idea. I think a sub-forum might even be of value. I will discuss this with the other mods and get back to you.

Regards,

RPM

TheSaint

when you say spooned some info about you where did they get the info ??
And you say this person is part of myadsl/antitrust/hellkom and peapod vouched for them.

And has any actions been taking against this person

slimothy

Banned
no action was taken against the person and no action was taken to delete my personal info or the link to personal info from this site.

I do not know how they obtained the information.

The person is a very distinguished lawyer, with SA constitutional expertise as well as being edicated at eton college (the school the british princes attended) and oxford. Peapod referred to him as one of '3 famous myadsl lawyers' and when you google his name you get the same picture

Last edited:

LethalChicken

Expert Member
slimothy, just for future ref, try using hotmail/gmail type accounts to register on public forums, and don't put in any personal info in BIO ....

Most of email adresses are bought from people who say "we do not sell email adresses" ;)

slimothy

Banned
hehe point taken, although my email address isnt viewable to alacos unless rpm gave it to him and i didnt submit any personal info

LethalChicken

Expert Member
sorry ... I meant don't give your real email addy to anyone ... even when registering ...

I have a separate mail domain, which is hidden from whois searches, I use a adress there till I get spam, etc. Once that is corrupted I use another email addy there and all other mail goes to :blackhole: ... in that case you should be spam, threat, trace free to a large extent.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
BlobNow said:
sorry ... I meant don't give your real email addy to anyone ... even when registering ...

I have a separate mail domain, which is hidden from whois searches, I use a adress there till I get spam, etc. Once that is corrupted I use another email addy there and all other mail goes to :blackhole: ... in that case you should be spam, threat, trace free to a large extent.
Cant remember who first mentioned it but this is even better - http://www.mailinator.com/mailinator/index.jsp - temporary email addresses.

Searched - and it could have been fergus

bb_matt

Executive Member
R50 for the first person who can find out where I live via the internet ! :D