Special Import Samsung

Moeketsi Maphela

Hello, I'm looking to buy a Samsung special import phone with dual sim but I have no experience at all with special imports. Will the phone be able to support LTE and Samsung pay?

rh1

Executive Member
Hello I bought a Samsung J7 prime duo sim which has lte for R3405 last year in May from Amazon including courier delivery cost and import fees.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Also worth checking that the charger is variable voltage, if it's only 110V you'll need an adapter.
Have yet to see a charger that didn't cover 110v to 240v. Unless it is a very specific charger. Any charger brick would work. it's just USB to micro USB or TypeC. Nothing like the old days where there were 3 sizes for Nokia.

marioat1

Expert Member
Have yet to see a charger that didn't cover 110v to 240v. Unless it is a very specific charger. Any charger brick would work. it's just USB to micro USB or TypeC. Nothing like the old days where there were 3 sizes for Nokia.
American charger blocks don't do 240v btw

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
American charger blocks don't do 240v btw
Maybe the older ones. New ones are designed for 240v down to 70v so that they don't have to produce different voltages as well as different socket pins. The advantage to the user is that they work even when the utility is under powered, i.e. brown out, and for global travellers.

IOPS

I've seen a fair few wall chargers that output to USB that aren't variable voltage.
If you're importing from somewhere that has different voltages and not checking if it's variable voltage you're being a bit silly.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
I've seen a fair few wall chargers that output to USB that aren't variable voltage.
If you're importing from somewhere that has different voltages and not checking if it's variable voltage you're being a bit silly.
My 10 year old Kindle charger works just fine on all my USB charging devices.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
FWIW, a charger is a DC output device, so frequency doesn't mean too much.

Yirhu

That 240V will most likely be the max input voltage the charger can take and the 110V you mention which is normally a 100V will be the least and most importantly it will say 50Hz to 60Hz input frequency, that alone should tell you that it will work on 110Vrms 60Hz countries and 220Vrms 50Hz countries.