SPOILER ALERT - Tenet Questions

TomScrewz™

I'm having trouble understanding the inverted bullet scenes in Tenet.

The first scene is in the operahouse at 06m10s into the movie. The inverted bullet is already inside the staircase. Neil fires the gun at the enemy about to shoot The Protagonist (TP) and the bullet reverses BACK into the gun while traveling through the enemy and WOUNDING him.

If we look at this from the inverted timeframe, Neil fires the bullet from the gun it travels FORWARD through the enemy HEALING him then becoming lodged into the staircase.

Notice how the bullet travels through the person. Even in the case when Kat is shot by Sator in the Blue Room at 01h23m41s.

What would happen if the bullet were lodged inside the person instead of passing through?
From the inverse perspective in the operahouse, when the bullet leaves the gun, it will heal the enemy's wound, then become lodged inside the enemy and propagate backward in time, remaining in him like the damage to staircase wall????

TomScrewz™

You’re having trouble understanding it because it makes absolutely no sense even in the sci-fi sense

Nolan thinks he such a genius.
He should have consulted a few physicists before writing that script.

He's too snobbish just as TP tells Michael Caine in the lunch scene.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I won't analyse it too much. Its a work of fiction. Not a documentary.

That said.

The enemy might not have been there when he fired the bullet. The enemy was only a there when it was inverted.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
What doesn't make sense?
Everything.
I'm not a dunce.
Even sober and forcing myself to 'get it' didn't work.

I'm also a Nolan fan and watched all his films.

Tenet is kak. Nuffsaid.

TomScrewz™

The enemy might not have been there when he fired the bullet. The enemy was only a there when it was inverted.

You're not understanding the movie correctly. Both forward and reverse time must correspond.
He could not have fired the bullet in reverse time without the enemy being there..

RedViking

Nord of the South
You're not understanding the movie correctly. Both forward and reverse time must correspond.
He could not have fired the bullet in reverse time without the enemy being there..
I understand the movie. I just don't dissect it like a frog.

Of course he can. People can interrupt the timeline. The bullet was still fired. Someone is now in the way of the bullet.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
If time was/is entirely immutable then nobody would be able to affect anything in one direction any more than in the other and nobody would be aware of anything

Don't break your head too much on paradoxes in an action-flick

TomScrewz™

Of course he can. People can interrupt the timeline. The bullet was still fired. Someone is now in the way of the bullet.

Look at the scene where Sator shoots Kat. Nolan shows us that scene in forward and reverse time.
The bullet is fired in the presence of Kat.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Well yes time travel is a cop out. They can't write proper movies any more so resort to this. I'll wait for a proper movie like Avatar 2 thanks.

raind33r

Expert Member
Well thx f. Ck, thought it was only me that couldn't make heads or tales with this pos.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Look at the scene where Sator shoots Kat. Nolan shows us that scene in forward and reverse time.
The bullet is fired in the presence of Kat.

The bullet was fired. Kat was there.

The bullet was fired at the opera House. Terrorist/Enemy wasn't there.

The bullet could have been fired without Kat being there.

Those are two different situations.

TomScrewz™

The bullet was fired at the opera House. Terrorist/Enemy wasn't there.

Go REVERSE in time from a few moments AFTER the enemy was shot by Neil. The enemy is lying dead, there is no bullet in the wall. Neil comes, the enemy starts to wake up from death. The bullet is fired from Neil, it passes through the enemy, healing him, then gets stuck in the wall. The enemy is alive and well and moves to wherever he came from (backward in time). The bullet is stuck in the wall and continues to move backward in time.

That is how the bullet arrived there in FORWARD time.

grok

Honorary Master
I won't analyse it too much. Its a work of fiction. Not a documentary.
This.

It's sci-fi not sci-fact.

With some movies you must just look at the pretty pictures and relax, otherwise you'll math yourself into a coma working out the science behind space ships kapping broadies like in Star Trek.