[SPOILERS] Avengers - Infinity War

Neoprod

Honorary Master
I think due to fact that everyone important 'died' it elevated this movie to this epic Shakespearean tragedy. Unfortunately its a false tragedy because the cash cows have to make a return one way or another.
Watching it for the second time the idea that Thanos is just another cliched cgi character becomes glaringly obvious, a far cry from
Winter Soldier who was properly fleshed out and plays homage to some great villains in classic literature and film.

And then there's the cringe-worthy Scarlett-Vision love story.
I don't think anyone important died :twisted:...they've rebooted by killing a bunch of noobs (apart from the Shield peeps). All the "originals" are still around (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk).

I was expecting a Tier 1 to die like Cap or Tony.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I don't think anyone important died :twisted:...they've rebooted by killing a bunch of noobs (apart from the Shield peeps). All the "originals" are still around (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk).

Nobody died, knowing that Captain Marvel will enter the MCU it is pretty much a dead giveaway between 2 alien races, warra warra...

I wouldn't be suprised to see Ms Marvel (a-hem, sorry, Captain Marvel) to be loosely based on Khn'nr (the then Captain Marvel) which appeared in the Civil War comic.

Kree... Skrull...

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master

Even worse - bring in the Guardians, Spidey etc and then bump them off who are conveniently not part of the originals.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Nobody died, knowing that Captain Marvel will enter the MCU it is pretty much a dead giveaway between 2 alien races, warra warra...
Thanks, Captain Obvious...but you're wrong. They're dead right now but not permanently :p

I wouldn't be suprised to see Ms Marvel (a-hem, sorry, Captain Marvel) to be loosely based on Khn'nr (the then Captain Marvel) which appeared in the Civil War comic.
Oh ****...you're one of those comic book people.

felixbf

Well in case no one knows (and i doubt that ) part 2 is next April. What ever you do, do not google the comic book that the movie is based on, huge spoilers to everyone's "deaths". Winter Soldier still the best though.

AlphaBravo

Expert Member
I reckon Hulk will make his big comeback in part 2 and Thor will help in reversing time again or something like that.

I did like Thanos's focus on getting the job done at all costs.

Ghoster79

but here this guy took out half the universe. THE UNIVERSE.
This was one of the only real questions I had in this movie - Thanos takes out half the universe (randomly, I assume - as per his description about his home planet) so is that half of everything? cows, crabs, bacteria, peach trees (and so on all through the universe) or is it just sentient beings that were taken out?

isie

Executive Member
This was one of the only real questions I had in this movie - Thanos takes out half the universe (randomly, I assume - as per his description about his home planet) so is that half of everything? cows, crabs, bacteria, peach trees (and so on all through the universe) or is it just sentient beings that were taken out?
random except for earth so like other planets may have been more then 1/2 or completely wiped out - but he promised Tony only 1/2 of humanity will.

also apparently its 50 % of all life sentient, plant, animal etc