Spotify launches Premium Duo - R80 per month for 2 accounts

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Happy with Youtube Music Family plan thanks. Only missing a Spotify connect alternative but getting by with using bluetooth.

bar1

Expert Member
question.....why am i paying R110 a month for a family plan?
I thought its suppose to be R99
1593602995014.png

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
question.....why am i paying R110 a month for a family plan?
I thought its suppose to be R99
View attachment 868177
You need to select the "R99 family option" and not the "R110 vodacom family option", I'll get the step(s) shortly/relevant forum post

see

phly

Expert Member
Family was overkill on my end - this is just perfect. Sibling helping out with spotify. Now if only I knew someone with a DSTV premium account :whistling:

Supercarfan

also the duo is showing at R87 on my account...
Seems like they offer a different price if you’re not logged in.

First log out, then go to plans and select the lower priced option, and log back in when given the option to log in or create an account.

When I logged out at first I was then shown US pricing ($13 for Duo), but just changed to the SA page by replacing ‘us’ with ‘za’ in the url.

bar1

Expert Member
so i opened a new account, with a new email address and now i get:
1593606188535.png

phly

Expert Member

First log out, then go to plans and select the lower priced option, and log back in when given the option to log in or create an account.

When I logged out at first I was then shown US pricing ($13 for Duo), but just changed to the SA page by replacing ‘us’ with ‘za’ in the url.
What worked for me was logging out. Going to the duo link. selecting the R79 option and then logging in. In this way I could actually sign up for the R79 as it was already selected. Signup or upgrade went without a hitch - address has to match ofcourse and several ways to invite someone else including whatsapp.

Kudos to Spotify.

Dade Murphy

Thanks this worked for me

bar1

Expert Member
Spotify support is shocking.
1 person told me it's due to extra taxes that needs to be applied and the other told me it's because I'm paying with my Vodacom phone bill?

Did they actually check? I'm paying via credit card and I don't have a Vodacom number