Spotify Premium Family plan launched in South Africa

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
I cannot get premium for the past year and a half since my FNB card got compromised. Spotify will not accept my new card. FNB said online secure is enabled and there is no issue on their end and Spotify says there is no issue. They keep blaming each other.

FNB says spotify isnt contacting them for payment so it fails.

Pity.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
I know it says "under one roof" but is it like Netflix under one roof where multiple people around the world can use it or is really under one roof.

I know someone who could really use this at the moment.

RanzB

Honorary Master
I know it says "under one roof" but is it like Netflix under one roof where multiple people around the world can use it or is really under one roof.

I know someone who could really use this at the moment.

Been looking into this as well, apparently they want to use GPS to periodically check locations, but on reddit some people have said they don't have problem using the accounts in different states.

hxc87x

Expert Member
Both my wife and I have individual accounts, so if I upgrade to family and invite her would it still retain her songs/preferences on her account?

Reactions: Mux

ReggaeBoyz

Sorry too late to the party.

I signed up with the Youtube Premium Family package because they were refusing to bring the Spotify Family package to SA and now I cannot see myself going back to Youtube with adverts. The Youtube music is not as good but is good enough.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
How does Spotify compare to Google Music? Or will this follow in the next article? :p

No, @Seriously, what about local content music of South African origin?

Mux

Both my wife and I have individual accounts, so if I upgrade to family and invite her would it still retain her songs/preferences on her account?
I have the same question. Anybody knows?

gelid

I have the same question. Anybody knows?
yep just upgraded to it. my old stuff is still there and separate from the other family members. it does do a mix that in theory the whole family will like apparently

Reactions: Mux

Umzimbeet

I prefer Spotify over all the others, but I opted for Youtube premium to get the family option. I agree with ReggaeBoyz, i'm staying with YT music because Youtube without adverts is bliss.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I cannot get premium for the past year and a half since my FNB card got compromised. Spotify will not accept my new card. FNB said online secure is enabled and there is no issue on their end and Spotify says there is no issue. They keep blaming each other.

FNB says spotify isnt contacting them for payment so it fails.

Pity.
That's because of FNB, doesn't work on their non personalized debit cards (so easy account and I think Gold as well) post around June 2016 or so.

We'll probably see way more of those complaints on reddit etc.

I think nedbank debit had the same issue, unsure if they solved it.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
I have a Family Sub for Apple Music @ R89.99 pm

I'm really not sure whether it's worth going the Spotify route for an extra R10 pm

Cal384

I have a Family Sub for Apple Music @ R89.99 pm

I'm really not sure whether it's worth going the Spotify route for an extra R10 pm
Also with Apple Music. Spotify is way better than Apple Music in terms of finding new music you may like. I can also hear the difference in music quality on Spotify vs Apple Music. The only thing that's stopping me, is the location checking of "family members". Apple Music doesn't require family members to verify their locations. So I'm sticking with Apple Music for now.

hxc87x

Expert Member
yep just upgraded to it. my old stuff is still there and separate from the other family members. it does do a mix that in theory the whole family will like apparently
Cool, thanks for the feedback
Were the other family members also subscribers? Did they retain their playlists etc?

phly

Expert Member
Great great grand kids have been born with us still waiting for this - Finally!!