Springboks vs England 2012 - 3 Test tour

APoc184

Honorary Master
Nothing official yet from SARU but by the look of things, Joe Pietersen has been called up to the Bok squad for the final Test in PE.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Nothing official yet from SARU but by the look of things, Joe Pietersen has been called up to the Bok squad for the final Test in PE.

Ja well we need him. Damn - looks like sharkies (lambie) and bulls (kirchner) are without fullbacks going back into S15...

I really hope both are back on duty by then. Damn, lambie's ankle looked fkn sore.

Devill

Damned
Yes Frans is out and it looks like Kruger is the most likely not to play - thats my atleast two. Lambie might still be able to play. But if he is out, we definitely need Aplon in my opinion.

15 Aplon 14 JPP 13 Wynand? 12 JDV 11 Habana

I would have rather had JdJ there in 13 but he isn't in the squad.

Who is coming in at 5? Franco? Or do you think they will try to do the whole Eben thing at 5?

Sure olivier will come in for Steyn but I have no idea who they will bring in for Kruger....

@ Apoc - If it is true it will give Joe a nice "warm up game before the Super Rugby starts again.

sand_man

Honorary Master
The English Rugby team visited an orphanage today. "Its so sad seeing their faces with no hope" said Sipho - age 6

KOPITE

Executive Member
I see Aplon is going to most likely start at fullback for this game.

Let's hope he lives up to expectations! :)

jeez you okes are very judgemental. aplon should have been in the squad by default. guys like meisiekin and kirchner are chosen above him baffles me. aplon will set the crowd alight with his amazing runs.

Cicero

Expert Member
jeez you okes are very judgemental. aplon should have been in the squad by default. guys like meisiekin and kirchner are chosen above him baffles me. aplon will set the crowd alight with his amazing runs.
Come on, Aplon needs to eat a bit more man - seriously. All he's got is speed, and need about 10-15kg's more at least. When guys tackle him he looks like a toddler.

I agree Kirchner shouldn't be in there. I think Mvovo should've rather been in there.

Um, I'm a Stormers supporter...but I'm realistic. He is lightning fast but he is small. I agree that Kirchner is useless and I'd rather have had Lambie starting there (which he did in the last test). I also agree that twinkle toes shouldn't be there. Aplon unequivocally should have been on the bench.

Laughs at WeePees arguing amongst themselves!

:twisted:

Devill

Damned
Olivier said he had been happy with his performances as a reserve in Durban and Johannesburg, but there had not been much opportunity to attack, something that was reflected by the fact that he made the most tackles of all the Bok backs at Coca-Cola Park even though he was on the field for only half the game.

Now I am not an Olivier fan, but I feel that we should give credit where it is due.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Bok team for 3rd Test in PE:
Backs: Aplon, JP Pietersen, Jean de Villiers, Wynand Olivier, Bryan Habana, Morne Steyn, Francois Hougaard

Forwards: Pierre Spies, Jacques Potgieter, Marcell Coetzee, Juandre Kruger, Eben Etzebeth, Jannie duP, Bismarck duP, Beast

Bench: Adriaan Strauss, Werner Kruger, Flip vd Merwe, Ryan Kankowski, Ruan Pienaar, Elton Jantjies, Bjorn Basson

Devill

Damned
Bok team for 3rd Test in PE:
Backs: Aplon, JP Pietersen, Jean de Villiers, Wynand Olivier, Bryan Habana, Morne Steyn, Francois Hougaard

Forwards: Pierre Spies, Jacques Potgieter, Marcell Coetzee, Juandre Kruger, Eben Etzebeth, Jannie duP, Bismarck duP, Beast

Bench: Adriaan Strauss, Werner Kruger, Flip vd Merwe, Ryan Kankowski, Ruan Pienaar, Elton Jantjies, Bjorn Basson

Not a bad team at all. Will be interesting to see such a super inexperienced make up of Flankers and locks.....

I think if our front row can stand tall we will be rocking the english boat as long as Olivier can defend his chanel and Morne can get his groove back with the boot.

empirex

Banned
Finally Aplontjie get's a go at fullback!
First Kirchner, then Lambie, finally he get's his chance.

Lambie I can understand, but Kirchner... for me Aplon should very well have been first choice from the getgo.

Small means nothing; when has he ever been shown to be lacking in his defence?