Sri Lanka explosions - 137 killed as churches and hotels targeted

Emjay

Executive Member
I am very skeptical of anything that PeterSweden, the noted holocaust denier, says. Will await further perspective and analysis of his claims before making a conclusion.
Meh. Didn't know this. Not sure how anyone could have an opinion like that. Agreed then, that info is seriously questionable then.

daveza

Honorary Master
True, but if they didn't do it you can guarantee there would be people on this thread howling about the lack of condemnation from Muslim groups.
So it's just a necessary gesture.

That answers as to why these acts appear to be acceptable to muslims.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
How about they actually give a schite and take action against the radicals who are abusing their religion.
What do you propose they do exactly? I would say the only ones with power to influence things are those in power of these places radicalising people. So think middle east dictators and sheikhs, the US is also pretty heavily at fault.

Cray

Honorary Master
How about they actually give a schite and take action against the radicals who are abusing their religion.
What sort of action do you think Muslims in South Africa are able to take against radicals operating on another continent?

TysonRoux

Expert Member
Why is it that when news breaks of what is most likely an islamic terrorist attack on innocent civilians, muslims here resort to all sorts of deflection?
What sort of action do you think Muslims in South Africa are able to take against radicals operating on another continent?
@daveza wasn't singling out SA'n muslims.

There's a few right here on MBB (we of course don't know for sure that they're SA'n) that sprout a whole load of jihadi BS, snarky remarks, and deflection whenever news breaks of what is most likely an islamic terrorist attack on innocent civilians.

There's muslim clerics that are guilty of vile rhetoric, and the muslim communities appear to accept this - let me know if you need examples.

daveza

Honorary Master
We had local muslims joining ISIS - were they 'radicalised 'overseas ?

But I'm referring to muslims in the country where the atrocities take place..

buka001

Expert Member
Same can be said about Christian fundamentalists or Christian priests that abuse kids.

How long did it take for the Catholic Church to acknowledge the problem?

It is a blind spot.

Speedster

Executive Member
Apparently the Sweden tweet (which I was highly sceptical of) isn't so far fetched.

According to Swedish police, the use of hand grenades in crime is unprecedented in all comparable European and non-European countries, and the only countries with similar characteristics are those with warlike conditions, such as Mexico with the ongoing drug war.
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden

Attachments

Cray

Honorary Master
But I'm referring to muslims in the country where the atrocities take place..
Okay fine, let's talk about local Muslims in Sri Lanka, what do you propose they do? These are normal people, trying to earn a living, minding their own business, but now suddenly, you think that they are required to get down and dirty in fighting radicalism just because they share a religious belief with a bunch of nutters? What do you expect them to do? Not vague "combat radicalism", what do you expect the average Muslim shopkeeper, accountant or engineer to do to fight radicalism and why do you think that it is specially their duty to fight it? What religion are you? Do you fight radicalism and stupidity in your religion when it manifests in your own country?

The Voice

Executive Member
Okay fine, let's talk about local Muslims in Sri Lanka, what do you propose they do? These are normal people, trying to earn a living, minding their own business, but now suddenly, you think that they are required to get down and dirty in fighting radicalism just because they share a religious belief with a bunch of nutters? What do you expect them to do? Not vague "combat radicalism", what do you expect the average Muslim shopkeeper, accountant or engineer to do to fight radicalism and why do you think that it is specially their duty to fight it? What religion are you? Do you fight radicalism and stupidity in your religion when it manifests in your own country?
If, for example, I knew my neighbour was up to some dodgy ****, then yes, I'd notify the authorities ASAP.

Of course, it's not exactly helpful when the authorities already know about them, and still choose to do nothing. Just about everyone involved in a terror attack in the UK so far was on some sort of "watch list" - MI5 always knows exactly where to go raid after an attack, and THEN arrest a bunch of people associated with the terrorist who's just killed and injured innocent people "trying to earn a living, minding their own business".