Sri Lanka explosions - 137 killed as churches and hotels targeted

Kosmik

Honorary Master
What a sad waste of life. The guilty should be executed, we don't need this in the genre pool.

alloytoo

Honorary Master
indeed, she was pandering, I wouldn't expect other leaders to follow that shallow example
She and her government are about the the shallowest talent pool imaginable....though it may be a dead heat with Canada.

Pegasus

Expert Member
Do they have some secret memo system that tells them what phrases to use? And then they want to blame the Alt-Right for all everything when driving narratives like this? Does Religion also have an inter-sectional hierarchy now?

View attachment 648488
The people at Media Matters probably vet their tweets.

surface

Executive Member
A little unfair on the SL president. He openly condemned the attack and took steps to prevent further attacks. Wearing of a headscarf by the NZ PM was a personal choice.
It was not her personal choice. If she did not wear headscarf at the moon-come-up-event-worshippers, can you imagine the outrage? Wearing a cross is not a mandatory requirement and I doubt if he will wear it.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
She and her government are about the the shallowest talent pool imaginable....though it may be a dead heat with Canada.
hope for New Zealand's sake, and for the sake of all the saffas that have yet to escape to New Zealand, that the people of NZ fix this mistake in the 2020 election

ForceFate

Honorary Master
It was not her personal choice. If she did not wear headscarf at the moon-come-up-event-worshippers, can you imagine the outrage? Wearing a cross is not a mandatory requirement and I doubt if he will wear it.
If she did it out of respect for others, then I'm happy with it. I'd be disappointed if the Muslims don't reciprocate and show solidarity with the Catholics/Christians.

surface

Executive Member
If she did it out of respect for others, then I'm happy with it. I'd be disappointed if the Muslims don't reciprocate and show solidarity with the Catholics/Christians.
Yes, It was great genuine gesture from her :thumbsup:

surface

Executive Member
What a sad waste of life. The guilty should be executed, we don't need this in the genre pool.
https://www.apnews.com/27ca0e5ff4f849ce8b6e0817c4e86795

The Latest: Sri Lanka says 6 attacks were suicide bombers.

COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) — The Latest on explosions in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday (all times local):

11:45 a.m.

A Sri Lankan government forensic crime analyst tells The Associated Press that the six near-simultaneous attacks on three churches and three luxury hotels in and around Colombo on Easter Sunday were carried out by seven suicide bombers.

The government analyst Ariyananda Welianga says an analysis of the attackers’ body parts collected from the scenes shows that the attacks were suicide bombings.

Welianga says two people were involved in the attack at the Shangri-La hotel. One bomber each attacked the Cinnamon Grand and Kingsbury hotels and St. Anthony’s Shrine in Colombo, St. Sebastian’s church in the city of Negombo and Zion Church in the city of Batticaloa.

Shaun108

Executive Member
I hope the pieces of shits who did this burn in hell for eternity, along with those who openly or subtly support these kind of activities.

BBSA

Honorary Master
it's obviously scripted and coordinated to push a certain bullshyte agenda, even inventing new expressions in the process :ROFL:

can't just offer condolences like normal people, always some BS agenda
It’s almost like the DNC sent out an email with guidelines for how to address the incident. “Refrain from saying ‘Christian.’ Stick with ‘Easter Worshippers and tourists.