Sri Lanka explosions - 137 killed as churches and hotels targeted

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
TELEMMGLPICT000194949560_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqAdw0VrjqLWSqJHfZ45Ae0Zhw_iIPZqUNP2EjAIFcGyw.jpeg

Sri Lankan intelligence has named the mastermind behind the Easter Sunday attacks as Moulvi Zahran Hashim, an extremist local cleric who incited his followers to violence with fiery sermons on his social media channels.

The revelation comes after senior government officials accused the National Thowheed Jamath (NTJ) a little-known group promoting Islamist terrorist ideology, as the perpetrators of the horrific suicide bombings which have now killed 310 people, including eight British citizens.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/04/23/sri-lanka-bombing-mastermind-named-moulvi-zahran-hashim/

R13...

Honorary Master
Why does Barry Obama mention the victims as Easter Worshippers and not Christians?

Link
What's with the fascination on use of that phrase? They are Easter worshippers, i.e, Christian worshippers observing Easter - seems like a storm in a tea cup here trying to make something out of nothing. You could say Hajj pilgrims and it would be obvious they're Muslim without the need to label them explicitly.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Another blow for multiculturalism. Those that push for multicultural immigration have blood on their hands.
Tamil Tigers bombing people for decades to get their own homeland - No one bats an eye
Sri Lankan church bombings - "Multicultural is a failure"

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
What's with the fascination on use of that phrase? They are Easter worshippers, i.e, Christian worshippers observing Easter - seems like a storm in a tea cup here trying to make something out of nothing. You could say Hajj pilgrims and it would be obvious they're Muslim without the need to label them explicitly.
Well firstly no-one "worships" Easter - people worship Jesus Christ and God. Secondly, I've never heard that phrase before - indicative again out of an "out of touch" elite who have a completely weird vocabulary. Thirdly, there's a simpler and more widely-known phrase - "Christians".

R13...

Honorary Master
Well firstly no-one "worships" Easter - people worship Jesus Christ and God. Secondly, I've never heard that phrase before - indicative again out of an "out of touch" elite who have a completely weird vocabulary. Thirdly, there's a simpler and more widely-known phrase - "Christians".
I'm sure they didn't mean to say they worship Easter but rather that they're observing Easter as in worshipping at Easter time.

The Voice

Executive Member
I think its it's because after Christchurch everyone referred to the victims as "Muslims", or "Muslims attending Friday prayers". Calling these victims "Easter worshippers" would have been the same as calling the Christchurch victims (as someone already said) "Friday prayer adherents". They were specifically called "Muslims", however, to highlight the fact that they were targeted because of their religion - not where they were, or what they were doing at the time. But the left and MSM can't do the same for Christians who were targeted specifically because of their faith, and no other reason.

Edit: Yes, non Christians were also killed, but by definition they'd then be excluded entirely from the "Easter worshippers" moniker. And they weren't the initial targets, either - just collateral in the wrong place at the wrong time.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Whatever happened to the Tamil Tigers?
Laid down their arms in 2009 following their defeat at the hands of government forces. Most of the senior leadership was killed or arrested. They've largely been inactive since.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I think its it's because after Christchurch everyone referred to the victims as "Muslims", or "Muslims attending Friday prayers". Calling these victims "Easter worshippers" would have been the same as calling the Christchurch victims (as someone already said) "Friday prayer adherents". They were specifically called "Muslims", however, to highlight the fact that they were targeted because of their religion - not where they were, or what they were doing at the time. But the left and MSM can't do the same for Christians who were targeted specifically because of their faith, and no other reason.

Edit: Yes, non Christians were also killed, but by definition they'd then be excluded entirely from the "Easter worshippers" moniker. And they weren't the initial targets, either - just collateral in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The targets were Christians and westerners.

The attacks on the churches and the date chosen make the religious motivation clear.

The attacks on the high-end hotels frequented by foreigners were clearly aimed at the west.

falcon786

Executive Member
Whatever happened to the Tamil Tigers?
Re-branded to Tamil Cats,now much more tame apparently.:p

But yes very sad this event,I hope those who are guilty of this vile act are brought to justice.

I have no patience for extremists killing innocent people, be they Hindu,Muslim,Christian,atheists or any religion the truth is they are more alike than they think even though they profess to bat for the other team in their hearts they are the same type of vile human that was responsible for the New Zealand Mosque massacres.

Reactions: STS

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I stayed in the very Cinnamon Grand where the attack happened and ate breakfast there every morning for almost three weeks.

Needless to say it's a little shocking seeing the pictures and knowing I could have been right there.