Sriwijaya Air flight SJ182 crash investigation

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Funny thing is I had no prob doing parasailing. :unsure:
I don't think I have hard enough balls for free-palling. Parasailing probably gives false security since you're tethered to something all the time?

Brian_G

Executive Member
I don't think I have hard enough balls for free-palling. Parasailing probably gives false security since you're tethered to something all the time?
Yep, that's probably why. Weird you using that term "enough balls" though as I did hurt my one ball, it got trapped a bit by one of the straps, so maybe I didn't have time to concentrate on other fears while I was trying to wriggle out of that.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I skydived solo 3 times in 2014
What a rush
It was insane but i kakked myself too much each time I had to open the door, climb out and go to the end of the wing before you're allowed to let go. I said screw that. No more. Very safe but you crap mountains each time you let go until the parachute opens by itself. It's called Static Line Jumping

I will rather stay on the ground and drink now

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Yep, that's probably why. Weird you using that term "enough balls" though as I did hurt my one ball, it got trapped a bit by one of the straps, so maybe I didn't have time to concentrate on other fears while I was trying to wriggle out of that.
:ROFL::ROFL:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
A planes age is measured by active airframe hours. There are some really old planes in the air if you go by manufacture date alone.
I thought cycles was the main metric?

ponder

Honorary Master
Different circumstances I suppose? Fear and all of that...

I don't know

Some might pass out just like people on rollercoasters and other extreme fun park rides, due to fear though.

ponder

Honorary Master

Free falling is fscking awesome, done it a few times. You forget about any issues and just enjoy it, quite liberating.

twaatie

I thought cycles was the main metric?
Most times it's just based on hours , they write down too the second from start up to switch off time . Since that's hour they work out most of the service times for the different components