Stage 1 for four hours and then stage 2 until further notice

Would be nice if it was stage 1, cause then I skip tonight.

So, Eskom is being fixed and everyone will be saved and provided with electricity 24 hours a day! What an achievement!

They did their usual, burnt diesel irresponsibly for days on end, then increased the LS stage anyway to replenish the diesel reserves they just burnt. Idiots.

They did their usual, burnt diesel irresponsibly for days on end, then increased the LS stage anyway to replenish the diesel reserves they just burnt. Idiots.
Eskom... I mean if we look at October when they had the 60% eaf they struggled in those 9 days of no ls.

Eskom... I mean if we look at October when they had the 60% eaf they struggled in those 9 days of no ls.
I recall reading an article a while back on how industry standard is OCGTs and the like are supposed to be used around 1% of the time. Eskom was given a special budget to run them at 6% given the severe circumstances. It blew past that in 2023 and ran them for 20% of the time. It's madness. It's not sustainable. Yes in the extreme short-term it saves SA 1-2 stages for little bursts, but the cost is just crippling. The can is just being kicked down the road and now that can means total collapse of Eskom, not just a couple of LS stages.

Without that irresponsible diesel spend Eskom could actually start putting money into improving their situation. Paying back debt and increasing maintenance. It could have actual profit for a change.

I recall reading an article a while back on how industry standard is OCGTs and the like are supposed to be used around 1% of the time. Eskom was given a special budget to run them at 6% given the severe circumstances. It blew past that in 2023 and ran them for 20% of the time. It's madness. It's not sustainable. Yes in the extreme short-term it saves SA 1-2 stages for little bursts, but the cost is just crippling. The can is just being kicked down the road and now that can means total collapse of Eskom, not just a couple of LS stages.

Without that irresponsible diesel spend Eskom could actually start putting money into improving their situation. Paying back debt and increasing maintenance. It could have actual profit for a change.

Idiots trying to be better idiots

The other issue is, it's holding up the conversion to natural gas and possible CCGT. Which can run more often

Back