Stage 2 loadshedding from today until... 11pm Monday

zolly

Expert Member
Did you forget CR was the deputy president right? You know he had some influence, he was also in charge of the load shedding enquiries. So far CR is great at doing one thing, which is absolutely nothing. He's not done a single thing that is worthwhile.
I'm pretty sure if the wasn't connected he wouldn't be a businessman as he's the king of Nothing.

Not denying any of that, just saying anyone would have a tough time sorting out this mess that JZ left behind.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Not sure if someone posted yet or not but we in Cape Town will only be on Stage 1 Loadshedding for next 4 days
For now

You have to read that very carefully. Steenbras is only capable of supporting stage 1 load shedding for 12 hours, due to the capacity of the lower reservoir. This covers the period from midday to midnight today (Thurs 14th). There is no guarantee that we will not have stage 2 load shedding tomorrow.

Lupus

Honorary Master
You have to read that very carefully. Steenbras is only capable of supporting stage 1 load shedding for 12 hours, due to the capacity of the lower reservoir. This covers the period from midday to midnight today (Thurs 14th). There is no guarantee that we will not have stage 2 load shedding tomorrow.
You more than likely will, as they can't pump back up.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Probably stage 1 during the day and stage 2 overnight to pump back?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Probably stage 1 during the day and stage 2 overnight to pump back?

If Eskom customers are on stage 2 overnight, then the CoCT is not permitted to pump water back uphill. We will find out soon.

P.S. Our suburb is still loadshed tonight on stage 1, and probably tomorrow afternoon on stage 2.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
/me pats my Mecer 2400VA Inverter
Can't thekeep ac running, almost 40c here in cpt :(

VooDooC

Expert Member
Freaking hell that sucks.
My question to them, why in the ten years that I have been living here, has this never been an issue. What then is the point of having a schedule of you can just turn off power without notice?

People on twitter a livid and their response is to basically suck it up and have twice the amount of loadshedding than normal.

So today and tomorrow we will have loadshedding for 4:30 hours (if we're lucky) at exactly the same time slots.

Lupus

Honorary Master
My question to them, why in the ten years that I have been living here, has this never been an issue. What then is the point of having a schedule of you can just turn off power without notice?

People on twitter a livid and their response is to basically suck it up and have twice the amount of loadshedding than normal.

So today and tomorrow we will have loadshedding for 4:30 hours (if we're lucky) at exactly the same time slots.
Yeah they are chops.

VooDooC

Expert Member
You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
A N C is coming to town
They're making a list,
You think they are nice,
They're gonna find out who they can **** over twice
A N C is coming to town