Stage 4 load-shedding from 12:00 on Wednesday to 05:00 on Friday [Updated 27/10]

Fjorko

Expert Member
Sunsynk definately, Deye a close second. If budget is an issue, get anything else, but it's important to get something even if its a Mecer. It's what expats do.
Yeah, been looking at the Growatt, but I think I'm leaning more towards the Sunsynk after doing some reading.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Yeah, been looking at the Growatt, but I think I'm leaning more towards the Sunsynk after doing some reading.
It's the ultimate mid-range, you won't be sorry. I have encountered many who have forklifted / thrown out lesser kit in favour of a Sunsynk, some have even thrown out <gasp> Victron. I have never encountered anyone that have thrown out a Sunsynk though.

Fjorko

Expert Member
It's the ultimate mid-range, you won't be sorry. I have encountered many who have forklifted / thrown out lesser kit in favour of a Sunsynk, some have even thrown out <gasp> Victron. I have never encountered anyone that have thrown out a Sunsynk though.
Thanks for your input

PhireSide

Honorary Master
And into the darkness we descend.

It seems our close neighbours don't have backup for their FTTH equipment so I made a little guest SSID - properly isolated from my network with a separate VLAN, firewall and bandwidth rules in place and client isolation turned on, for them to hop onto.

I've no idea if any of them will want to use it (I would be cautious about joining a random open SSID), but at least the option is there for the few brave souls.

joshuatree

Expert Member
And into the darkness we descend.

It seems our close neighbours don't have backup for their FTTH equipment so I made a little guest SSID - properly isolated from my network with a separate VLAN, firewall and bandwidth rules in place and client isolation turned on, for them to hop onto.

I've no idea if any of them will want to use it (I would be cautious about joining a random open SSID), but at least the option is there for the few brave souls.
Split the bill permanently?

Or introduce them to this thread:

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Split the bill permanently?

Or introduce them to this thread:
I won't lie but some of our neighbours are major weirdos - the other day one of them left a 30l fish tank and a stainless steel whisk on our verge, which the refuse lorry refused to pick up - so I now own a fishtank and a spare paint stirrer. So, I prefer to keep my distance from them if possible - at least WiFi doesn't need to be sanitized or have to wear a mask:)

And I think my ISP might hate me if I started reselling their bandwidth:ROFL:

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Ahh shucks, I see they can't get our substation turned on again after our scheduled LS slot. Lights flashed on and off again about four times, and now it's gone dead again for good:popcorn:

I'll give them until 02h30 before I declare a personal state of emergency, though. Tick tock.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Is ons almal nie?
cat-hiding.gif

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
thanks Eskom, it is not as if I thawed a massive leg of lamb yesterday which needs to be slow roasted for lunch today and needs 4 hours in the oven

that 8am - 10:30am loadshedding slot I have this morning doesn't mess with that at all

RVFmal

Expert Member