Stage 4 load-shedding from 12:00 on Wednesday to 05:00 on Friday [Updated 27/10]

"D"

Expert Member
thanks Eskom, it is not as if I thawed a massive leg of lamb yesterday which needs to be slow roasted for lunch today and needs 4 hours in the oven

that 8am - 10:30am loadshedding slot I have this morning doesn't mess with that at all
Late lunch it is then!
(Or a modified recipe?)

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I've no idea if any of them will want to use it (I would be cautious about joining a random open SSID), but at least the option is there for the few brave souls.
Did you tell them?

ADrunkTeddyBear

Expert Member
Power was supposed to be back at 8. We are still in the dark.

It's cloudy today as well so solar production is gonna be **** all day
8b6aa1e0474dc2a81ec0dee49007dc40.jpg

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Maybe change the SID to something they might recognise?

BTW - don't use I'm watching you. My kid still sleeps with the light on after doing that.
Currently it's my SSID with 'Guest' suffixed to it. It's an open network so it should advertise as such on most phones. All I have is a little Unifi splash page to allow access by accepting the default T&C's. I have what looks like one device that was connected - our next LS slot is at 10h00 so I'll see if I get any more hits later.

I was thinking about calling it 'LS-free Wifi' or something, or maybe just 'hotspot'

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Currently it's my SSID with 'Guest' suffixed to it. It's an open network so it should advertise as such on most phones. All I have is a little Unifi splash page to allow access by accepting the default T&C's. I have what looks like one device that was connected - our next LS slot is at 10h00 so I'll see if I get any more hits later.

I was thinking about calling it 'LS-free Wifi' or something, or maybe just 'hotspot'
Nice. Now when the SSA / SAPS comes knocking at your door, you have plausible deniability.

Martin 007

A very small solar system with 2 batteries and panels goes a long way. It's been well worth it, R40 k and one does not have to endure this nonsense.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Koeberg unit 1 statement:

Koeberg Unit 1 tripped on Sunday morning as a result of a fault on a feedwater pump, which is on the secondary plant.

The plant was shut down in accordance with standard plant operating procedures and all parameters are stable.

There are no nuclear safety concerns on the reactor side of the plant, which is ready to be restarted once the feedwater pump fault has been resolved.

The investigation into the feedwaterpump fault is in progress and once concluded Eskom will be able to confirm the return to service date of the unit, which is expected to be during next week.