Standard Bank closing branches across South Africa

dgcarter

Heaven forbid one should need to update an address or some other detail... What's going to happen now when the consultant over the phone says the dreaded, "Sorry sir, you need to go to a branch for that".

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
They closed my local branch, had to fight with them to keep the ATM open, which thankfully they did.

signates

Executive Member
even my local FNB here in Paarden Eiland is also closing
got a letter from them 2 weeks ago

All (most) banks are going to close branches down as time goes by. We only use physical banks in a brick & mortar establishment when there is something wrong with our accounts
Got the same email from them. They are moving the accounts to century city. Not that I've been to that branch in the last 10 years since opening my account there about 15 years ago when I was still working in paarden eiland.

Moto Guzzi

They closed a branch in old building of many years which I am sure they owned, but open one in same town in part of a new building, so it looks they are hiring and maybe sell off old buildings, thats how it looks. So this town has not lost a branch, it just changed buildings and ownership.

even my local FNB here in Paarden Eiland is also closing
got a letter from them 2 weeks ago

All (most) banks are going to close branches down as time goes by. We only use physical banks in a brick & mortar establishment when there is something wrong with our accounts
That's true