Standard Bank introduces mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy

Spizz

Goat Botherer

Steve Kirsh has also been hearing the testimonies of victims in the USA.

What does one say to the parents of the 15 year old? They cannot even hold the manufacturer liable.

@Mike Hoxbig would say "lol" and @backstreetboy doesn't take it seriously, because they might not speak proper English?

What troubles me about people like you have a that you go looking for information to back up your theory and that causes me to question the validity of anything you post. Sure there are 135 studies saying X, but how many studies are saying Y? 1350?

There is just so much misinformation deliberately pushed to us that it’s easy to find what you are looking for. And you have found it and presented it but for me to believe it, I need to know the context and balance of there is one. It has come to the point that everything has to be challenged. I see Steve Kirsh mention a number and I immediately don’t believe it unless I check it myself. Where does he get a factor of 41 from for example? Wait, who is Steve Kirsh? Wait, he’s a what and people are saying what about him?

Good grief, this will take a week to fact check one article and even then there is a leap of faith at the end of it. And then you read the comments. The one 15 year old had Downs and had so many issues with her health and heart that her jab is described as an execution ffs.

No man, you’ve gone down the rabbit hole looking for anything to back up the position you’ve had since day one and surprise, surprise, you have found it.

Rather go get the jab and go and sit with friends in the beer garden and chill. It’s weekend.

RVQ

Expert Member
Well done Standard Bank, its truly to their benefit, a way to remove idiots from your ranks and ensuring intelligent people are employed at your organisation, looking forward to all enterprises and especially government entities following....

For the antivaxxers all I have to say to you is:

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Ah, now the new "variant" narrative is starting to make sense.
A narrative that first world countries are adopting, after being discovered by a shthole.

Everyone's miraculously in on it.

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
What troubles me about people like you have a that you go looking for information to back up your theory and that causes me to question the validity of anything you post. Sure there are 135 studies saying X, but how many studies are saying Y? 1350?
It's ultimately for you to go through the validity of the data,
but he is the fact though, before Covid for every other viral infection doctors knew that natural immunity was superior. Even the WHO sensibly defined their definition of herd immunity before Covid as achievable through a combination of natural and vaccine immunity.

Now thanks to lobbying they changed it.

There is just so much misinformation deliberately pushed to us that it’s easy to find what you are looking for.
I agree, hence there are 2 options, either trust your doctor or try and inform yourself.
And you have found it and presented it but for me to believe it, I need to know the context and balance of there is one. It has come to the point that everything has to be challenged. I see Steve Kirsh mention a number and I immediately don’t believe it unless I check it myself. Where does he get a factor of 41 from for example? Wait, who is Steve Kirsh? Wait, he’s a what and people are saying what about him?
Steve Kirch invented the optical mouse, but during covid he ran a series of funds to repurpose medication to treat covid. One such medication Fluvoxamine has been identified to treat the long term chronic disease,

He came outspoken out the vaccine once a family member of his died.

Good grief, this will take a week to fact check one article and even then there is a leap of faith at the end of it. And then you read the comments.
The point I am making is that innocent people are being harmed in this process, now the vaccine might have a net benefit, but do take into account that some will pay for that risk,

That was one of the many examples,

The one 15 year old had Downs and had so many issues with her health and heart that her jab is described as an execution ffs.
Why give her a jab in the first place? It's a child, they are hardly affected. That's the type of logic that I do not understand.

There was a parent who allowed for her girl to participate in the original trial, during the senate hearings her first word was "we are pro science and pro vaccine". Sorry, but if my daughter was on a feeding tube I don't think that I would be pro any of those.

No man, you’ve gone down the rabbit hole looking for anything to back up the position you’ve had since day one and surprise, surprise, you have found it.
I have a distaste when authorities are lying to me, into my face and that was obvious about Covid from day 1.
A guy like Fauci has a remarkable ability to lie to the camera with a straight face. If these guys were honest, perhaps I wouldn't have done that much research on my own.

I don't regret it as it blew of the scandal on other vaccines as well and who knows my wife and I spoke about it and we might not give our kids all the shots one day.

Rather go get the jab and go and sit with friends in the beer garden and chill. It’s weekend.
I can drink my beer without my jab, fortunately my friends aren't concerned about my vax status. Your welcome to join us.

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
Well done Standard Bank, its truly to their benefit, a way to remove idiots from your ranks and ensuring intelligent people are employed at your organisation, looking forward to all enterprises and especially government entities following....

For the antivaxxers all I have to say to you is:

Here is my take, Covid and this vaccine has given a lot of people a convenient excuse to hate others who hold different convictions.

neoprema

Executive Member
so if my doctor tells me that my natural immunity is sufficient, would you accept that? Currently Standard Bank doesn't.

That kid is now harmed because he got pressured into thinking that he is taking the vaccine, had he known that it doesn't stop against transmission he might still have his career going.

He is one of many.

no one is suggesting to take the information from the internet as the only advice, but you can inform yourself about the risks and benefits and discuss it with your doctor.

The trouble is that the public has gotten into a frenzy and it is leading to unnecessary iatrogenesis with all these mandates.

And you know what, the vaccine companies are immune from liability for their products? How can that be just?
Get jabbed.

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
Oh no, a vaccine that's not a magic unicorn and needs boosters! the horror! lol.

It sounds like you're trying to sell me a new beta version of windows,

natural immunity is good enough for me.

if we are in the pandemic of the "unvaccinated", why do we need boosters?

Norrad

Expert Member
so if my doctor tells me that my natural immunity is sufficient, would you accept that? Currently Standard Bank doesn't.
I would love to see a doctor's note stating that... Anyone have one? Anyone...

WollieVerstege

There is just so much misinformation deliberately pushed to us that it’s easy to find what you are looking for. And you have found it and presented it but for me to believe it, I need to know the context and balance of there is one. It has come to the point that everything has to be challenged. I see Steve Kirsh mention a number and I immediately don’t believe it unless I check it myself. Where does he get a factor of 41 from for example? Wait, who is Steve Kirsh? Wait, he’s a what and people are saying what about him?

Good grief, this will take a week to fact check one article and even then there is a leap of faith at the end of it. And then you read the comments. The one 15 year old had Downs and had so many issues with her health and heart that her jab is described as an execution ffs.

On this thread he is arguing about natural immunity. On the University of JHB thread he posted links saying it is impossible to test for Covid.
If you can't prove you have had Covid, how can you claim natural immunity?
All I need to know about his state of mind.

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
I would love to see a doctor's note stating that... Anyone have one? Anyone...

The EU actually does accept a certificate of recovery as proof of vaccination. You need a positive test though, doctor's note isn't enough.

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
On this thread he is arguing about natural immunity. On the University of JHB thread he posted links saying it is impossible to test for Covid.
If you can't prove you have had Covid, how can you claim natural immunity?
All I need to know about his state of mind.

the tests are non specific, that remains true. Neither the PCR, nor the antibodies can pinpoint a specific virus. They are at best probability judgement.

I personally think that Covid is just a rebranded set of viruses that were circulating in the population already and no test can specifically test for that, not even the PCR can detect the gnome that is set to be Covid. Under ideal conditions the PCR test can only test for a family of coronaviruses.

A complete sequencing has to be done if you want to have a better idea and that is too expensive.

But if you want to go down further, the original sequencing test had significant flaws as a pure sample was never identified.

The stuff is a lot of complicated then you might want to realise, the public wants easy and non nuanced answers, but science doesn't work that way.

Cage Rattler

Omicron is around 50 mutations from Alpha. Taking into account accepted mutation rates, genetic distance, etc. these things were around at least 5 years ago.

RVQ

Expert Member
Here is my take, Covid and this vaccine has given a lot of people a convenient excuse to hate others who hold different convictions
Humanity has never needed an excuse for hate... what covid and vaccines have brought to the front is that the average human intelligence/education levels are far less than we'd like to believe which does explain all the many problems the world faces the vast resources it has to fix them but the failure to do so...

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
Humanity has never needed and excuse for hate... what covid and vaccines have brought to the front is that the average human intelligence/education levels are far less than we'd like to believe which does explains all the many problems the world faces the resources it has to fix it but unable to do so.

Yes and No, but I opposed this vaccine as did many others and I don't think that it makes us less intelligent, maybe less conformist and more skeptical of authority and the media?

The biggest group of skeptics in America have PHDs. Many antivaxxers are quite up to date with health sciences and it's therefore that they oppose certain vaccines.

RVQ

Expert Member
Yes and No, but I opposed this vaccine as did many others and I don't think that it makes us less intelligent, maybe less conformist and more skeptical of authority and the media?

The biggest group of skeptics in America have PHDs. Many antivaxxers are quite up to date with health sciences and it's therefore that they oppose certain vaccines.
Sorry your life lead you to have trust issues, best of luck with the rest of it... could be worthwhile talking to a professional but I suspect you'll have issues with that too

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
Sorry your life lead you to have trust issues, best of luck with the rest of it... could be worthwhile talking to a professional but I suspect you'll have issues with that too

I don't know about you, but I tend to not trust people that lie to my face. As has been the case with our public health officials and the media propaganda campaign.

Not lying is kind of a bare minimum.

I use Reagan's dictum 'trust but verify".

Last edited: