Standard Bank introduces mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy

hellfire

Honorary Master
I mean who doesn't want to give their themselves a heart attack right?

My prediction is that people who work at standard bank are already part of the conformist laptop class.

The pandemic has brought out the inner authoritarian in all of us and it gives people a convenient excuse to start hatting people who refuse to flow the vaccine dogma
Oh wow - you've changed my mind.
this unbiased, well researched article from childrenshealthdefense has completely altered my viewpoint on vaccinations.
thank you so much

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
Oh wow - you've changed my mind.
this unbiased, well researched article from childrenshealthdefense has completely altered my viewpoint on vaccinations.
thank you so much

I am not sure how sarcastic that comment it, but if it's genuine it would be great.

Those athletes did have their hearts damaged, the facts might be biasedly selected, but non the less it did occur to them. As someone who has natural immunity, I have no benefit from the vaccine, but I do have to carry that risk, its ridiculous.

We are treating "antivaxxers" as if they are witches or apostates that have to be burned for daring to deny the efficacy of a product.

Last edited:

Iwojima

Expert Member
Soon shopping malls wont allow anti vaxxers inside
Cant wait
Then we fully vaxxed ones can take our masks off inside
:thumbsup:
Yeah, because the fully vaxxed are not spreading this thing, right?

Good luck to you if you think we are vaccinating our way out of this one. Things will remain the same whether we are 30% or 90% vaxxed as a country.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Yeah, because the fully vaxxed are not spreading this thing, right?

Good luck to you if you think we are vaccinating our way out of this one. Things will remain the same whether we are 30% or 90% vaxxed as a country.
Please stay off the beaches this summer

Iwojima

Expert Member
You flat earther anti-vaxxers must please stay at home.
Thank You
Nothing anti-vaxx about me, champ. Got both my jabs several months ago.

The difference is I'm not operating under the delusion that I cannot contract nor spread the virus despite being vaccinated.

It wouldn't surprise me that reckless vaccinated folk are part of the high transmission rates thinking they are somehow impervious.

porchrat

Honorary Master
not with our labour laws you don't

BBBEE ... do whatever you want?

problem here is the mass panic and "fashionable" angle to a decision such as this during a pandemic, it must be challenged in court or it will just be tacit acceptance
BBBEE is something a company is being compelled by the State to do if they want to stay in business.

If not, and they personally agree with the policies, then fine. Once again, they're a private business, they can do as they wish.

Standard Bank wasn't pressured to do this. This is their choice. They've made it.

They're a private company. I still don't agree with mandatory vaccination, but they're free to set internal policies within their organisation. If you don't like it, don't work for them and don't do business with them. This is what it means to live in a free society, others are free to do things you don't like.

If you want to police the internal affairs of others move to China.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Standard Bank wasn't pressured to do this. This is their choice. They've made it
Indeed, although there have been plenty comments from the government on the topic to make companies believe it is officially "ok", CR went as far as praising Discovery in his last speech

they're free to set internal policies within their organisation
not if it breaks any law they are not, the problem is in ZA this has not yet been challenged properly in court, in the US Biden's mandate has been knocked down in three successive court cases already ... so the legal precedent is being set over there, but none have been set here

If you don't like it, don't work for them and don't do business with them
done and done, ages ago though

If you want to police the internal affairs of others move to China
the exact same can be said for mandating vaccines: if you want to police the personal medical affairs of others move to China

porchrat

Honorary Master
Indeed, although there has been plenty comments from the government on the topic to make companies believe it is officially "ok", CR went as far as praising Discovery in his last speech
I've seen nothing to indicate it isn't OK.

not if it breaks any law they are not, the problem is in ZA this has not yet been challenged properly in court, in the US Biden's mandate has been knocked down in three successive court cases already ... so the legal precedent is being set over there, but none have been set here
This goes without saying.

Having said that something being legal doesn't make it right. Even if our legal system finds this unfair I still don't have a problem with it. They're a private company, they should be free to make their own internal policy decisions. Even if those policy decisions are something I don't personally agree with. Freedom's a b!tch.

done and done, ages ago though
Cool. then what they do as a private entity is none of your concern Chairman Narrow.

the exact same can be said for mandating vaccines: if you want to police the personal medical affairs of others move to China
No one is a private entity doing it within their private space, the other is the State. Totally different.

One is a free society in which private entities have freedom to make their own choices, the other is authoritarianism.

If you can't see the difference... again... move to China. They love telling private entities what to do over there. You'll fit right in.

porchrat

Honorary Master
how about our constitution? Freedom and security of the person
You don't have a right to work at Standard Bank. Standard Bank isn't holding anyone down, putting a gun to their heads and forcing vaccination on them. They're saying vaccinate or you can't work here. These employees have a choice.

That's the difference between the State doing this, and a private entity doing this. When the private entity enacts an internal policy I have the right to refuse and leave. I further have the right to choose not to do business with them. When the State does it, I don't.

may I not be concerned for my fellow humans who may be working for the bank?
They're free to leave Chairman.