Star Citizen

Rustie

So, I cannot find a final date of release for the single player game. They say 2020.

ponder

Honorary Master
So, I cannot find a final date of release for the single player game. They say 2020.

How long is a piece of string? By the time they release the game mankind will be exploring galaxies for real...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
A positive take on Star Citizen:

I have to wonder whether it will continue to be a PC exclusive?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Digital Foundry published this video like 5 days ago, but they talk about having more players in the instances... RSI dropped server meshing like 4 or 5 months ago. It isn't in the current roadmap anymore and they didn't elaborate.

It is still a expensive demo.

A true take on Star Citizen:

I still believe that they should have never published the roadmap.

Star Citizen Alpha 4 Q2 2020.

Star Citizen Squadron 42 Beta Q3 2020 with the Alpha in Q2 2020. Release 1.0 will be Q1/Q2 2021???

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Star Citizen released this tease yesterday,

looks nice and all, but SQ42's release date has been moved up so many times already that Star Citizen can hardly call this teaser a Christmas present which they did.

Anyhow,

Alpha: Q2 2020
Beta: Q3 2020

Release Q4 2020, Q1/Q2 2021, Q4 2042???

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Those alien ships in the trailer, it looks like reworked Kilrathi concepts which are nice. CIG was clearly inspired, in my opinion, with the older Wing Commander/Privateer works.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
And throw in 35k usd?

School Fees.

At this point in time, I am only interested in playing Squadron 42 which is said to have 40 missions all with narrative elements. If there is one thing Chris Roberts are good it is the story.

They want to take on Freespace 1/2 in size and dimension. Now Freespace didn't have a narrative element, but the story and combat were expansive, and obviously Squadron 42 will have FPS as well.

I am really hoping that Squadron 42 will be a true Wing Commander successor, and like I said I really hope that it isn't another Anthem.

Star Citizen, the open-world Privateer version, is a wholly other animal which this thread is actually about.

I do however see CIG use Squadron 42 as building blocks to resolve, rework or advance things in Star Citizen's mechanics and or graphical engine.

All this hype... now Bethesda might not be in a good place at the moment, but they are very secretive as what Starfield as an RPG may turn out to be and I believe they want to take on Star Citizen from a commercial perspective.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Duke Nukem Forever had a good run as the game stuck in development hell the longest. Hail to the new king, baby.