• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Star Trek: Discovery [SPOILERS]

Hemps

Executive Member
So far so good, only annoying part is the Klingon's talking so slowwwlyy, I much preferred Worf's way of speaking.
Enjoy the Klingon look though, can't fault that.
Special effects are awesome, also enjoy the look of the Alien dude on the bridge with blue eyes.

Ecco

Executive Member
Its a good show - nice amount of action, and pace is good too. Story is very intriguing, and a refreshing different from all the prior ones.

falcon786

Executive Member
Special effects are awesome, also enjoy the look of the Alien dude on the bridge with blue eyes.
Something about that guy weirds me out,but yes I guess they were definitely successful there in portraying a less non human alien without going extreme.

Also he was bred as meat....like a livestock version of Abe from Abe's oddysee!

Dave

Honorary Master
Must say that's one of the things that jarred with me - bred to be food but as thin as a rake...
Bred to be hunted, not necessarily as food.

Doug Jones character plays Lt. Saru,” says writer-producer Aaron Harberts, who is showrunner on the upcoming CBS All Access drama along with Gretchen J. Berg. “What we can tell you that adds the context to that clip where he says he can sense the coming of death is that he comes from a planet where he’s a ‘prey species.’ He’s the first of his kind to make it to Starfleet.”

On Saru’s planet, there’s a dominant predator species that constantly imperils another weaker species called Kelpiens. As part of the latter group, Saru has evolved with heightened survival instincts. Such prey species tend to have a cowardly reputation in the Federation, but Saru should not be underestimated.
http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/19/star-trek-discovery-doug-jones-alien/

Hemps

Executive Member
Good episode, I'm confused though where did the "Doom" creature on the ship come from, was it from an experiment?
The one they beamed aboard at the end.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Good episode, I'm confused though where did the "Doom" creature on the ship come from, was it from an experiment?
The one they beamed aboard at the end.
That's going to be part of the storyline I'm sure.

Probably picked it up at whatever distant destination they flipped to.