Star Trek: Discovery [SPOILERS]

Lupus

Honorary Master
Another interesting theory, what if Lorca is actually mirror universe Lorca?

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Another interesting theory, what if Lorca is actually mirror universe Lorca?
Yes. Look at the end of the last episode

He didn't remember things he did with his admiral chick.

He then throws her under the bus, because well....he didn't really have those experiences with her.

They show his mirror reflection in the glass for no reason whatsoever

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yes. Look at the end of the last episode

He didn't remember things he did with his admiral chick.

He then throws her under the bus, because well....he didn't really have those experiences with her.

They show his mirror reflection in the glass for no reason whatsoever
I thought I was the only one, till I googled it :). Something just didn't feel kosher with him.

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Ah can anyone explain why the drive suddenly works perfectly? Based on the previous episode it either required the creature, or they managed to get a human to do it with much suffering. Anyone else feel this was pretty much glossed over this latest episode?
From what I recall the creature's suffering was more due to it being involuntary (needles piercing your thorax aside)
So assume a willing human participant can handle it better

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I have seen a reddit thread or two where some people have predicted things in advance, and some have been spot-on with the last two episodes.

theratman

Honorary Master
Muuuuuuch better episode. Exactly what I was looking for, had a real TNG/DS9 feel to it and I loved every minute. More of the same please.

beans100

Honorary Master
Yeah, this episode were very original.
Original? The time loop thing has been done a tedious amount of times before. Latest movie to do this, was Marlon Wayans in Naked. This time loop idea probably started in the 80's, though the first one I can think of now is Groundhog day.
If this is what they do, we can probably expect them to do the "wake up as a kid" or "wake up as opposite sex" kind of stories.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Original? The time loop thing has been done a tedious amount of times before. Latest movie to do this, was Marlon Wayans in Naked. This time loop idea probably started in the 80's, though the first one I can think of now is Groundhog day.
If this is what they do, we can probably expect them to do the "wake up as a kid" or "wake up as opposite sex" kind of stories.
One of the best implementations was the episode of Stargate, where O'Neill eventually just ends up playing golf through the stargate.
I've yet to watch this episode, I want to wait till there is another one, or at least another episode of The Orville so I can get two episodes of Sci-fi in.

skimread

Executive Member
You remind me of this episode :D

[video=youtube;Qz8wXCNyqbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8wXCNyqbM[/video]

theratman

Honorary Master
Not that the episode was original it was just proper star trek, back to its roots on how episodes should be done.