Star Trek: Discovery [SPOILERS]

Brenden_E

Expert Member
I enjoy the show. But is it truly Star Trek?
Feels like the movies to me. Star Trek in name but not truly in delivery.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
I dont get one thing why is the Mirror universe technological level on par with the regular universe ?
THey should in theory by 100 years ahead
The have had the Defiant for 100 years so they should be Next generation tech level by now?
You having something, and you understanding something to take it further isn't necessarily the same thing.

The Defiant went "missing" in 2268. We know it appeared in Enterprise in the Mirror universe say around 2155. So they got a current type real universe ship 100 years ago. The Tholians also stripped parts of the ship, after it went to earth we don't know what happened to it in the mirror universe. Reverse engineering is probably quicker, but you do then need people who understand these things. They also would have tried to do this secretly to hide it from the other races at the time, which might have delayed the progress.

The wars could also have stunted them if they started attacking right after they were able to duplicate these things and didn't want to waste resources on researching.

In the original universe we were sharing information with most of the races. I can't remember the exact time but the NX-01 took a long time to build - something like a 100 years. I know that it was also time to construct te palce to build it. But the ships are different classes as well. So a lot of things would be needed to redesign to make these ships.

isie

Honorary Master
You having something, and you understanding something to take it further isn't necessarily the same thing.

The Defiant went "missing" in 2268. We know it appeared in Enterprise in the Mirror universe say around 2155. So they got a current type real universe ship 100 years ago. The Tholians also stripped parts of the ship, after it went to earth we don't know what happened to it in the mirror universe. Reverse engineering is probably quicker, but you do then need people who understand these things. They also would have tried to do this secretly to hide it from the other races at the time, which might have delayed the progress.

The wars could also have stunted them if they started attacking right after they were able to duplicate these things and didn't want to waste resources on researching.

In the original universe we were sharing information with most of the races. I can't remember the exact time but the NX-01 took a long time to build - something like a 100 years. I know that it was also time to construct te palce to build it. But the ships are different classes as well. So a lot of things would be needed to redesign to make these ships.
I'm sure there is an in universe reason was just interesting
The NX-01 took a while because of no Sharing, Humanity had to do it themselves- A big subplot of season 1 of enterprise is the Lack of support from Vulcan. In Mirror universe they Stole tech and Enslaved the vulcans and other races to do their Bidding so posible the Emperor didn't want to share the ship details with any one due to mistrust.
speaking of Emperor I Wonder if Captain Philippa Georgiou is a descendant of Hoshi Sato

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
It's like the fired the writers from the first half of the season and got different writers for the second half :p Some pretty dark stuff going on now!

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
The last 3 episodes have been brilliant. Absolutely loved it. I'm a huge fan of the original series, but guys remember TOS is 50 years old, If they made a new series like the original it was going to be awful, this is star trek but an totally new approach and not just copycatting the previous versions, and its honestly not bad :)

Spoiler
Who did not see the Lorca scenario coming, it was pretty obvious he was from the mirror universe all along, his motives was/is just unclear.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
The last 3 episodes have been brilliant. Absolutely loved it. I'm a huge fan of the original series, but guys remember TOS is 50 years old, If they made a new series like the original it was going to be awful, this is star trek but an totally new approach and not just copycatting the previous versions, and its honestly not bad :)

Spoiler
Who did not see the Lorca scenario coming, it was pretty obvious he was from the mirror universe all along, his motives was/is just unclear.
Well I didn't. I saw the Klingon sub plot but not the Lorca one. Now I wonder where the mirror Micheal is.

phoneJunky

Executive Member

Spoiler
I also didn't see it coming. Saw the Ash thing though. There were times where I thought something was off. The one episode he was glancing out and they zoomed in on his reflection should probably have given it away.

isie

Honorary Master
Spoiler
I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that theory (a theory at the time confirmed now) here already

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
These theories… I have read close to everything and some predictions are well a week in advance to make any concrete conclusion. Now I wonder whether these theorists are involved with the production or has received leaks or have been dangling carrots to lure the trekkers into wide speculation.

Part 1 (prime or ‘normal’ universe) has pretty much set up Part 2 (mirror or ‘alternate’ universe) and then there is the mirror-mirror universe. There are several clues, hints and whatnot to speculate with, but some conclusions needed more evidence to back up the theory or mystery.

I think the prime Lorca is trapped in the mirror-mirror universe since mirror Lorca and prime Lorca encountered each other as prime Stamets and mirror Stamets did in the mirror.

But yah, mirror-Lorca and Landry were not very Federation like... I think I know who Ava may be (or may have been).

Ash Tyler/Voq were a given, close to everything pointed to this being the case.

Mirror Burnham, dead or alive?

Lupus

Honorary Master

Spoiler
Yeah I called it earlier in this thread ;-)

SykomantiS

Expert Member
These theories… I have read close to everything and some predictions are well a week in advance to make any concrete conclusion. Now I wonder whether these theorists are involved with the production or has received leaks or have been dangling carrots to lure the trekkers into wide speculation.

Part 1 (prime or ‘normal’ universe) has pretty much set up Part 2 (mirror or ‘alternate’ universe) and then there is the mirror-mirror universe. There are several clues, hints and whatnot to speculate with, but some conclusions needed more evidence to back up the theory or mystery.

I think the prime Lorca is trapped in the mirror-mirror universe since mirror Lorca and prime Lorca encountered each other as prime Stamets and mirror Stamets did in the mirror.

But yah, mirror-Lorca and Landry were not very Federation like... I think I know who Ava may be (or may have been).

Ash Tyler/Voq were a given, close to everything pointed to this being the case.

Mirror Burnham, dead or alive?
Mirror-mirror universe? :confused:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Mirror-mirror universe? :confused:
The 'so-called' place, the mycelial network which is corrupted, where Stamets and Stamets were trapped. The mycelium spores are slowly corrupting the Discovery in the prime universe which may be how Dr. Culber ended up in the mirror-mirror universe or correctly put the mycelial plane. I speculate this is where the mirror Discovery and prime Lorca may be, inside the corrupted network.

theratman

Executive Member
I don't mean to derail but I'm rewatching ENT and it's held up surprisingly well, yes it got a bad rap but personally it's more interesting than discovery for me.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
I don't mean to derail but I'm rewatching ENT and it's held up surprisingly well, yes it got a bad rap but personally it's more interesting than discovery for me.
Ja, but Voyager also got a bad rep and it is still my favorite one. People will just like different things. I liked most of the series but I did struggle with TOS, but I know that it is probably because of the age. But I can appreciate that it was ahead of its time.

theratman

Executive Member
Ja, but Voyager also got a bad rep and it is still my favorite one. People will just like different things. I liked most of the series but I did struggle with TOS, but I know that it is probably because of the age. But I can appreciate that it was ahead of its time.
My fav is DS9 but I still like TNG and Voy. Different strokes but all good trek St the end of the day.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
The 'so-called' place, the mycelial network which is corrupted, where Stamets and Stamets were trapped. The mycelium spores are slowly corrupting the Discovery in the prime universe which may be how Dr. Culber ended up in the mirror-mirror universe or correctly put the mycelial plane. I speculate this is where the mirror Discovery and prime Lorca may be, inside the corrupted network.
Thanks, makes sense. Interesting hypothesis.

isie

Honorary Master
I speculate this is where the mirror Discovery and prime Lorca may be, inside the corrupted network.
From what i understood Mirror Stemet got stuck there alone cause he was messing about - he subtly tried to influence Prime Stemet to come get him.
I have a feeling Prime Lorca was Killed by Mirror Lorca.

ALso why no Goatees in the Mirror Universe :whistling:

EvilSpock.jpg